Is dating a good reason to get baptized?

by free2Bme13 3 Replies latest jw friends

• free2Bme13
    free2Bme13

There was an 16 year-old-girl in our old hall who was convinced by an MS that she needed to get baptized in order to be a more eligible, desirable and qualified potential marriage mate. I should also add that this brother was interested in her even though he was 15 years her senior. It got me wondering how many others have done this.

I also had a friend that was so in love with her boss that when he got divorced she convinced him to convert and get baptized so they could get married, which they did and are still married.

Being a child that was never supposed to graduate high school because armageddon was right around the corner there were many with the thought we need to get married in order to have sex before armageddon just in case we weren't good enough to make it or our uncertainty that we may not have sex in the new world. The twisted bullshit logic of this religion really knows no bounds!

• Scully
    Scully

My brother-in-law was secretly engaged to a girl who was Studying™. They weren't given permission to marry in the KH until she was Baptized™. They had to postpone their wedding plans a couple of months until after she got dunked. Two weeks later.... they got married at the KH.

Now, to answer your question, I think it's a terrible reason to get Baptized™ because if you're trying to get a date or get laid, you're thinking with your genitals and not with your brain.

FWIW, I can't think of any reason that's a good enough one to pledge your life to a book publishing company and symbolize it by water baptism.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That sort of thing happens alllllll the time. It's also a terrible reason.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

Think Jodi Arias.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit