A Trip To See Someone Special

by Thoughtless 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

> Be me

>Birthday

> Go to see adoptive mother in which I haven't seen in TEN YEARS due to adoption and her own personal issues

>Excited.jpg

> Enters nursing home. Room smells of lysol and crap.

> Bedridden and sick, she beckons me closer to her bedside.

>As we hug, I notice "The Truth About God" tracts and "What Does The Bible Really Teach?" magazine

> Heard I was being raised by JW's and that she has been studying with them for four years.

> "I am so happy to have come to know about Jehovah", she says

> CRAPCRAPCRAP.mp3

>Paces room for the rest of the three hour visit...nervously.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thoughtless:

The irony. ..

That must have been hard on you. are you planning on seeing her again?

Please let us know how you are doing.

Missy

• laverite
    laverite

You say "adoptive mother," is that correct? In this context it would seem she is a birth mother? Or perhaps an adoptive mother who is no longer raising you? Sorry for my confusion.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thoughtless : hope you are doing ok.

My mom had a nervous breakdown when I was little. She was a JW. I ended in up being raised by some JWs.

My mom was DF twice. She came back in and now she is pioneering. She s in her 80s.

My mom never lost faith- even after she found out that the JWs she entrusted her kids to were abusive and c hild molesters.

I didn't go back with my mom until I was 13. It was hard reajusting. We still talk. I dont call her as much any more.

Maybe your mom thinks you will have something in common since she is studying.

I m thinking about you. If you ever want to compare foster notes. Pm me.

Missy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit