A concern about google.com and this site

by nonjwspouse 2 Replies latest forum tech-support

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I noticed when clicking a post, or even a topic, a box shows up at the bottom of the screen telling me it is waiting on, or redirecting to, google.com, then it says waiting on google anaylitics, then finally the page appears. I recognize google is having issues today and is very slow. My question is this. Is this sites database connected with google analytics? I have been avoiding google sites lately and when this showed up each time ( which is likely why your site is slow as well today) I was alarmed. It happens every time I click on a link ( post topic homepage etc) within this forum. Thanks

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Now, just minutes later I don't see the google.com notice, but the address changes in the box on the bottom of the screen so quickly that I can't tell if it is still in there. What I now see is this JWN address and whatever link I clicked.

I wonder what happened before? It was slow while google was slow.

• Simon
    Simon
    Is this sites database connected with google analytics?

Yes, Google Analytics provides site-usage information.

I have been avoiding google sites lately and when this showed up each time ( which is likely why your site is slow as well today) I was alarmed.

Wow, good luck with that!

The site may be a little slow this morning as it's just doing a database refresh / conversion onto the new site which I run from time to time as the software develops. It should be finished shortly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit