What is the purpose of life?

by jean-luc picard 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

An Aussie friend of mine once summed life up in this phrase:

We are all food for worms.

So, now outside the wt mindset, what is your view on life purpose?

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I guess its only polite to share my view, and it has taken a while to get to it:

I think, in essence, that my friend is right. In the meantime, we should play our roll in advancing the evolution of humanity,

be it socially or intellectually. We owe a special debt to our children, who, after all, didnt ask to be born.

We owe it to them to pass on our experiencein life and our help when things are difficult for them.

In brief, to be there for others.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

To enjoy the only life I have, and try to help others do the same. Finding something else to motivate yourself after your whole world-view crumbles, is difficult though. We were told that everything about normal life was a waste of time and energy, only ministry+meetings really matter..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

the quiet one - I totally agree. For the first time in my life I have discovered that life has NO meaning.

God is a crazy delusion. There are no voices in my head to suggest the existance of such a psychotic sky jockey. We do not survive death.

Life is a struggle against pain and then you die.

End of.

• T D Joseph
    T D Joseph

There are three things that we all have in common:

Awareness - of ourselves and others
    Relationships - the sharing and exchange of energy with others
    Creativity - the ability to produce thoughts, ideas, concepts and feelings and express them.

The purpose of our life is nothing more than living life itself

1) to be self-aware (awareness),

2) to be creative, to express ourselves to our highest potential (creativity)

3) to exchange the energy of love with those around us (relationships).

These characteristics of life require action, a costume (physical body) through which to express ourselves and a stage on which to act. The physical world provides the stage on which we can move, bring to life, create, relate and express all that is within us. For each of us the possibilities are infinite.

The moment we take birth in a physical form, we are constantly doing one of three things: acting, reacting, or interacting - sometimes all three together. In this way, each one is free to make a MEANING for his life. Interestingly, some scriptures beautifully sum up this, saying:

--be fruitful (unfold yourself to your full potential)

--cherish and nourish one another

When you do the above, you will find life becoming more and more MEANINGFUL!

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

My purpose now:

1. Love

2. Live

3. Laugh

4. Repeat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit