If the bible states that god kills children, then god is not real.

by Monsieur 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

Anyone who believes in the god of the 'Holy Bible' (or any other god for that matter) should be able to explain the following logically-

If God is love, why would he kill (by the SWORD, implying a terrifying and painful death) children, women, etc for the wrongs and 'sins' of others?

If God is perfect, why did he see fit to destroy en entire prehistoric world (dinosaurs) when there was no sin to blame?

If we are made in the image of God, and we are more than willing to end the evil of this world given the 'power' to do so, why does God INSIST on letting this evil subsist on and on and on, creating more pain and suffering each day? (isnt '6 thousand years' or however long of the SAME result enough for ANY intelligent being to formulate a sound assesment??)

i would pose these questions to ANY religion. if not one religion can answer them, then how can God be real?

• sir82
    sir82

Those are good questions, but...

if not one religion can answer them, then how can God be real?

...why does God's existence depend on any religion's being able to explain him?

Black holes, for example, existed in the universe for billions of years before any humans were able to observe or explain them.

I think I'm missing something in your line of reasoning.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

While these very points were instrumental in my move to atheism/secularism, your statement is a bit flawed... It does not prove god is not real, but it does prove that the idea of the 'god of love' whose every action is motivated by love is not real. In the bible, the devil is a pussycat compared to YHVH.

I would also argue your last point, if only in the way you worded it. You said, " why does God INSIST on letting this evil subsist on and on and on, creating more pain and suffering each day?" Are you saying the world's evil is getting worse, creating more human suffering as a result? You may want to reconsider your position on that... "Evil" isn't to blame for nearly as many problems as the WT would have us believe. As a whole, humanity's suffering decreases a little everyday if anything.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

sir82

as you can see, even black holes are evident, even though for millions of years we were not conscious of them. Religion is the primary conduit in explaining god, thus my questions were directed to anyone who stills considers themselves religious and believing in God.

if a religious person sits down, and honestly considers these questions, it becomes clear that the God of the Holy Bible is not as straightfoward, devoid of hate and tolerant as religions teach, therefore that God does not exist.

The concept of God requires that He takes a position 'up-front', that he is evident, obvious, in your face even. Anything else (such as a 'being' of whom we are not conscious of) is not really God.

captain obvious,

regarding the suffering, my argument is that every new day inevitably brings new unfortunate 'incidents' that can be construed as evil. Not worse, just more of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit