New Video "Stop the Shunning!"

by Watchtower-Free 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

"

New video by JWstruggle "Stop the Shunning! JW.org says we don't shun but we know otherwise"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72cEwS3_CQ

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Ritualistic shunning is anti-Christian. Jesus didn't practice it, nor did He advocate it. He reached out to sinners with love and forgiveness.

The Society dictates that members only associate with other members, thus they have control over all parties and can turn one against another.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I remember reading the account in Thessilonians were Paul is telling the brothers to not eat with this man, basiclly because he was taking advantage of thier hospitality, would'nt work just show up and eat for free. At the end of the verses paul says 'to keep admonishing him as a brother'.

So how can shunning the way we do it be correct when Paul said as a brother, when we shun we view the individual as no longer being a brother.

• inbetween
    inbetween

good video, what I found very interesting, that tax collectors back then were called apostates, is there a source for this information ? Would be extremely helpful.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have never heard that an apostate was a tax collector, Jesus said to treat these ones as tax collectors and how would one treat a tax collector back then? Well unless they wanted taxed out of thier home and in to jail they did not shun the tax collectors.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Shunning is extreme and ungodly and unnatural. As stated in the video goes "too far", "too far". Pretty sad when the catholic church makes more sense than the supposed loving Jw's.

Maybe by pushing this rediculous policy and violating others human rights they are hoping for government sanctions so they can use the persecution card to stand out as the special little chosen ones. Really though it is for sure a way to keep the TTATT from family and others. Also a way to punish all that dare to go out of watchtower bounds.

• clarity
    clarity

Loved the video Ray.....

>

This society is so blood guilty in more ways than one!

I wonder how many broken hearted, abandoned people

out there, decide to end their lives when all association &

family structure ends.

Stopped by the command of those 8 grinning popes!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit