Animal Magic

by JamesThomas 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

In the past there were horses here.

I could gently lay my head up against them and breath in the delicious unique fragrance that subtly drifts from a horse.

As the warm pleasant sent entered me it immediately calmed my nerves, stopped my mind, and carried me along into a sense of unmoving unity. There was no longer a me and a horse; there was just pure presence/life/being.

No words can explain.

Today, the horses are gone. But here next to me is a little doggy bichon that we rescued from the animal shelter. The very same magic is in her.

When I gently wrap my arms around her and softly lay my head on her, my mind stills, and instantly her sweet smell and presence takes me away from all cares into a silent warm forever.

Perhaps the key is to be still. Just breath. Let yourself embrace and fall into the inviting atmosphere of these precious being.

• rip van winkle
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Yes. The mystery of animals.

S

• earthfire
    earthfire

I love that.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

My grey-cheeked parakeet used to snuggle against my neck and fall asleep. The feel of his tiny body pressed against me in perfect trust and love made for some of the most contented moments in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit