Notes from English speaking DC in Poland

by FadeToBlack 9 Replies latest jw friends

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I managed to weasel out of Friday, so no comments on the days program. I'm sure it was marvellous. I made it thru Saturday's program in a fairly sociable mood, saying hello to a few folks we hadn't seen in years. Started dropping comments to the wife during the parts. First one was during demo of WT comments. The brother said: aren't we all encouraged by the upbuilding comments made during the WT study. I said under my breath: not really. That got me a poke in the ribs. On Sunday during Viv Moritz's final talk he actually admitted that JW's had made mistakes in the past. I was floored, but he fixed that with the following comment that despite this, nobody had ever been harmed by it. I said fairly loudly: NOT true.

I was hoping the wife would follow up with a few questions on the way home, but nothing. She was in full bobble-head mode at the DC.

Extra. We had no baptismal candidates. They gave the talk anyway but cut it short to include an interview with Viv and his wife. She turned up this gem: after I started pioneering with Viv we were so busy in our assignments that I didn't have time to think about anything. I knew what she meant but a classic freudian slip.

Overall, it was so shallow and superficial - about at the level of the new tracts. Ask question, ignore response of householder.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Lol at ask question, ignore response of housholder.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@problemaddict: they made a big point about this during the demos. If you open with - Do you think the world is getting better or worse? And the person replies with the thought that they see a lot of progress in the world, rather than trying to argue that, just move on to the Kingdom Message like Jesus did when talkng to the Samaritan woman at the well. Don't worry about who talks with who - that is just a distraction.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah. Its like we are being polite by even allowing them to speak. How nice of them!

• prologos
    prologos

no baptism candidate in Poland? that happens in the west only at CAs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@prologos: it was at English speaking DC. Russian DC in Warsaw had 6 baptized. They had about 520 in attendance, we had 480-490 peak. Polish DC in Warsaw will have about 30k attending this year. I will try to get # baptized next weekend.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Poland avg. publishers show decreasing last couple years.

• Gayle
    Gayle

2011 Service Report showed 1814 congs; but 2012 Service Report shows 1487. Was that a typo? What going on in Poland??

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"he actually admitted that JW's had made mistakes in the past"

That's misleading. It would have been more correct to state, "Watchtower publications and talks contained false prophecies, which cased JWs to make poor decisions based on the erroneous information."

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I agree Billy, but I doubt that would have gone over well. It would have been funny to watch the reaction of the audience. Even if he said that, he probably would have found a way to plug jw.org. We can only hope that one-day, some brave dude will go off-reservation and say that. I don't think it is entirely impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit