EEK! They came to my house!

by just_a_girl 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• just_a_girl
    just_a_girl

Was expecting a girlfriend over this morning - rushed to the door when bell rang. To my surprise/horror, there were 2 JWs ... apparently when my mother was visiting last summer, she had mentioned to these "sisters" to come stop by every once in a while, to encourage me to go to meetings. They were inviting me to the special talk this Sunday ... I politely told them, thanks for the invitation but I already had plans for Sunday (sleeping in) ... I don't want to be rude, b/c these 2 particular women are pleasant (it could very well be a farce) but how do I get across to them that I do not wish to be visited in the future?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Tell them you are an ex-jw and plan on picketing the District Convention this summer. Tell them you hope to see them there, perhaps after the convention you all can go to a coffee shop and exchange experiences ('inside' and 'outside' the convention grounds).

You will never see them or any JW from any Kingdom hall for three stattes around.....

• just_a_girl
    just_a_girl

LOL dungbeetle - that's an interesting approach!

• TR
    TR

girl,

tell them to visit with them would violate your parole.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    EEK!

funny how witnesses have been reduced to producing the same reaction as that of a mouse

• COMF
    COMF

I don't want to be rude, b/c these 2 particular women are pleasant (it could very well be a farce)

Probably not a farce. Lots of JWs I knew were pleasant. The issue isn't their pleasantness, however. It's that you don't want JWs coming back. Easily handled... the solution: tell them. Who'da thunk it?

(When they come back)
    "Hi! I'm not inviting you ladies in today, and there's a reason for that, which is: I don't want to mislead you into thinking I'm interested when I'm not. I don't want Jehovah's Witnesses coming to talk to me. I don't want to be a Jehovah's Witness. Seriously. I don't want to discuss it, with you now or anyone else later. I've given the matter lots of thought and I know what I'm doing.

"I'm sure you understand that this has nothing to do with either of you. You're both pleasant people, but your religion is not pleasant, and I don't want to be in it.

"Understand? Thanks. Have a nice day!" (Close the door)

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Well, at least YOURS get out of their cars . . .

Here in Detroit, they have "Drive by field service" runs -- where the lazy ones just pull ujp in an automobile, and the passenger offers the mags out out of the window!!!

Keep the Faith
    RAY

http://xjw-central.com/

• garybuss
    garybuss

Send them to me. I love to talk to em.

gb

• Imbue
    Imbue

If they come back. Ask them for their email. Talk about how your always on the internet. Tell them how you would love to send them interesting articles about JWs. Think they would get the hint.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit