another sunken city in india

by Moxy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

for those oh you following the archeological finds in cuba, heres another interesting one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_1923000/1923794.stm

excerpts:

The myths speak of six temples submerged beneath the waves with the seventh temple still standing on the seashore.

The myths also state that a large city once stood here which was so beautiful the gods became jealous and sent a flood that swallowed it up entirely in a single day.

One of the expedition team, Graham Hancock, said: "I have argued for many years that the world's flood myths deserve to be taken seriously, a view that most Western academics reject.

"But here in Mahabalipuram we have proved the myths right and the academics wrong."

Scientists now want to explore the possibility that the city was submerged following the last Ice Age.

If this proves correct, it would date the discovery at more than 5,000 years old.

mox
  • Latte
    Latte

Thanks Mox!

Copied and pasted....very interesting.

Latte

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Interesting....

I just finished reading a couple of books about the purported global culture, including claims that cities existed more than a hundred miles out to see, before the rising of the waters. This will give me something more to chew on.

Indian culture is of course debated to much older than the orthodoxy, religious and secular, claims. I really hope we find out before I hit the great nothing.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

you bet...one discovery after another is shaking the establishment to be sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit