Change of 144000 doctrine?

by Julia Orwell 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I guess the GB can say anything they want and the rank and file will just believe since it is god's only true religion and all!!!!! I guess the pole that was done a few years ago that found that the JW's were the least educated of all religions was not wrong.

• Scott77
    Scott77

LOL @GB for flip floping.

Scott77

• Listener
    Listener

Mindblown asked Question for anyone please? What is the difference between the Great T and the Armageddon?? Watchtower 7/15 2010 Whereas the Flood destroyed the ungodly all at one time, the coming destruction will occur in stages during “the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:14) In the first phase of that tribulation, God will move the political rulers of this world to destroy “Babylon the Great,” thus showing his contempt for that religious harlot. (Rev. 17:5, 16; 18:8) Then, in the war of Armageddon, the final phase of the great tribulation, Jehovah himself will wipe out the rest of Satan’s world.—Rev. 16:14, 16; 19:19-21. They used to think that the Great tribulation had begun in 1914.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

I was talking to a relative about the flipflops in WT doctrine over recent years. Know what he told me? He compared the WTS to Jehovahs chariot mentioned in ezekiel I think. He said it could move in any direction, and it wasn't his place to question it, but rather to try to keep up with the chariot.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

"Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 3

• prologos
    prologos

listener, yes gt used to start in 1914, stopped in 1918, allowed the GC to ---"COME OUT OF"--- the GT starting in 25? No

1935 to 1975 or overlapping generation end.

their trouble is unlike the inner party, they can not remove their record of false teachings.

WT has to erase the record from the minds. by creating

this fresh light FOG.

Once you realize this is all nonsense, no matter how it is arranged,

The only reason to discuss it to show

to whom it may concern:

its no n sense.

• Listener
    Listener

I agree Prologos. They are not even sincere with their new light. It becomes so confusing that it has to be deliberate.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

It seems like the older publications just stated the new truth with no mention of the old truth. But here I see...

This adjusts what was stated on this subject in “Questions From Readers” in The Watchtower of August 15, 1990, page 30.

Is this an attempt to move towards transparency since the WTS (and possibly the adherents) are being asked to justify reversals or is an acknowledgement of an "adjustment" regularly used...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Speargrass55, you should ask your relative since he thinks the ORg is the only true ORG and gods Channel if since they said that armageddon was going to hit in 1914-1925-1941-1975 before 2000 etc. and were wrong on all accounts 'So does this mean God is lying to us, or is he joking around because this is funny to him our lives, or maybe it could be that we are not gods channel after all, because the bible, doesn't it say god cannot lie??

• Quendi
    Quendi

The WTS theologians find themselves between a rock and a hard place. The mushrooming numbers of partakers at recent Memorial celebrations led to two most unwelcome developments. First, it discredited the teaching that the number of partakers would shrink as The End™ approached. Since they also taught that all who professed to be anointed were part of the “faithful and discreet slave class”, the Governing Body began to face unwelcome pressure from these newly-minted anointed to have a say in the direction the religion would take.

The second development was on the teaching that the number 144,000 was a literal one rather than a symbolic one. The WTS had maintained that the selection of anointed followers had been an ongoing one since the first century. This didn’t present much of a problem during the twentieth century, particularly after 1935 when the number of the professed anointed started to steadily shrink. The reversal of this trend in the early twenty-first century has made many think that the number mentioned in the book of Revelation must be symbolic.

I think the Governing Body will soon embrace this view. Doing so will enable them to acknowledge anyone who professes to have this status without admitting them into the ruling clique. In effect, there will be two classes of anointed Christians: those who are among Christ’s “domestics”—a teaching already advanced; and the Governing Body which alone is the “faithful and discreet slave class.” Should this develop, I expect that rank-and-file Witnesses will accept this without a demur. Most have been thoroughly brainwashed and so won’t even question this but will gladly accept it as “new light™.”

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit