You Don’t Have the Right to Remain Silent

by Simon 8 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Some more of your rights just went down the toilet:

You Don’t Have the Right to Remain Silent

As discussed in Boston bomb investigators kill Florida man the issue of confessions is extremely important.

This is more evidence of how dangerous it is to remove important safeguards in the legal justice system:

"The police didn’t even produce notes. And now that DNA has cleared Yarris, we know his confession was false, and that he must not have volunteered the fact about the car roof at all."

"The Supreme Court’s decision in Salinas encourages the kind of loosey-goosey, and easily contaminated, police questioning that led to Yarris’ wrongful conviction."

Bad enough when they wrongly convict and imprison people. Throw in the governments growing propensity and willingness to execute people without trial and it sets up some frightening scenarios.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Glad I live in Canada.

• prologos
    prologos

Canada, where you do not have the MIRANDA right to remain silent or plead the 5th amendment?

particularly in La belle provence where you are guilty until you prove your innoncence?

stay out of trouble, what ever you do.

On arrival you might be tazered to death. but

let us be grateful. it was a safe haven during the Vietnam war, for the French, the escaped slaves.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

The court split on party lines. Anyone who wants to say it's all the same, please don't.

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

The LAST thing you want to do is remain silent. They created that as a trick, and everybody thinks it's a right! HA PUKE. Have you ever heard of (silent agreement)? Thats what you are doing if you remain silent. I know it may not make sense yet, but if you study the Uniform Commercial Code, and contract law you will start to understand.

Some have a hard time believing this, but ANYBODY that gets arrested for anything, does so voluntarilly. NOBODY has jurisdiction over you, until you give it to them, aka giving your id, answering questions in the affirmative, etc. Thats why if you LISTEN closely, you will always hear police etc ASK to do things.

May I search your car?

May I see your ID?

May I come in?

Give me your bag please?

Educate yourself. Anybody who REMAINS SILENT is an uneducated, ignorant fool that should be locked up for lack of knowledge among other things

• Simon
    Simon

You should maybe watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

"A law school professor and former criminal defense attorney tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police."

He says you absolutely should remain silent even if completely innocent.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That lawyers point is my exact point when people say the NSA spying on all of us isn't bad unless you have something to hide. Just because you don't have anything to hide, doesn't mean they won't use something you have done or said against you.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Good point MrFreeze. Our rights in this country have been stomp on for many years now. I had a teacher back in 1972 tell us that one day Russia would be like the U.S. and the U.S. would be like Russia. Out of all the prophecy I have heard I think this one might come true. Totally ADD

• prologos
    prologos

victors become like the vanquished.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit