A VERY Few Good Men!

by SophieG 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

I know there are so many heartbreaking stories on here where people have suffered at the hands of tyrant elders. I have my own stories too. Now looking back I realize that those type of elders probably had “authentic assclown personality syndrome” to begin with and being in a position of leadership just made it worse.

But then there were a few good men who crossed my path, Big Brothers, whose genuine personalities were warm and caring. You all know the type: the one EVERYONE goes to when they have a problem. These were the ones who took did not side with my abusive ex and were brave enough to take him to town over how he was treating me. These are the ones who recognized my strength while dealing with abuse and encouraged me. They spoke to me as a “fleshly little sister” and a friend. I suspect these same big brothers are the reason why I have been able to fade. They don’t bother me…try to find me…they have left me alone and SO FAR honored my request to leave me alone and let me live my life. I think one of them in particular, IS AWAKE, but cannot leave because he may lose his family. Because of him, I am here. Things he said to me actually led me out. Weird isn’t it?

I stand back from a distance and look at the WTBS. It’s crazy! It’s just like any religion to me at this point. But inside there are good people who are only trying to do what they think is best. These are the people I hope wake up and join me in a life of freedom.

Just feeling it this morning…and wanted to share. Have a great day, you guys!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We moan a lot on here about the bullies, the hypocrites, the gossipers and the brown-nose crawlers and the like that do infest the religion, but you are right, there are also many sincere and loving people who happen to be JW's

Some do some quite wonderful things, I am convinced because of who they really are, not because they are JW's, otherwise you would find all JW's were like that.

It is strange to think that when we were in, we used to say "He/She is a really lovely person, what a pity they are not a JW"

Now we say....................

• Mum
    Mum

You were blessed to have that kind of support. I'm happy for you that it helped lead you into a better life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We moan a lot on here about the bullies, the hypocrites, the gossipers and the brown-nose crawlers and the like that do infest the religion,

These are the kind that get more attention here because these are the men that caused the pain and damage to many people. Many of them sought out these Elders for HELP and got kicked while they were down.

there are also many sincere and loving people who happen to be JW's

I would say most of them fit this description. Take note though that Saul (of Tarsus) was sincere.

Doc

• SophieG
    SophieG

Phizzy: Maybe the WTBS ia a personality killer?

mum: thanks, I WAS VERY LUCKY!

These are the kind that get more attention here because these are the men that caused the pain and damage to many people. Many of them sought out these Elders for HELP and got kicked while they were down.

I had ONE run in with the CoE and I learned really fast: Do not run to the elders to solve your problems. I know we were encouraged to turn to them in times of need, but I was SHOCKED at how to the COverseer spoke to me when I was the endangered spouse. I never aked them for help ever again. I got really quiet and solved my problems myself and that silence is what drew the kinder brothers out....because in my silence they SAW what I was really putting up with.

BTW that crazy COverseer apologized years later to me for being an ass.

• T D Joseph
    T D Joseph

I do not think any good people exist there. For example, who on earth will not know how to handle the simple case such as given below:

You donated land to the Kingdom Hall. After decades, congregation feels the need to move to larger facility. You want to REPURCHASE the land you gave to the kingdom hall as it is adjacent to your house so that land should not fall into the hands of some unknown people such as anti-social elements. Elders wrote to the Branch Committee. Branch Committee flatly rejected the offer, and directed the local body of elders to put an advertisement in the newspapers so that the land can be sold to the highest bidder.

You take up the matter with the Governing Body citing scriptural predence on the matter and force them to sell the land back to you! If some goodness exists there, when they no longer need a gift you gave them, how can they say “no” when you suggest you want to repurchase it? But this is what happened to our family! Though it did happen, we could not believe even now. Who will do such a thing?

Now you try the same with a worldly man. You gifted something, and now he wants to dispose as he no longer needs it. But you want to buy back. Will he ever say "No" to you. In all the probalities, he will return it freely and joyfully.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It does seem as if most folk really are what their inner person already is.

Whereas the WBTS religion brings the weeds to maturity, the "gospel of grace" brings the wheat to maturity.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit