This kind of says it all

by Gojira_101 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Coming home from work this song came on the radio and it just hit me what the words mean to me now after everything I've been through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u036M7p6-ak

Gojira

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Keep your chin up :)

we are the lucky ones, we got out before we got old and spent up every hour of life that nature lends us at birth....

make the most of the time we have left and BE HAPPY x

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

YES! lol. I went through a weird faze early on when I listened to this song over and over. It hit a nerve.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

hello Gojira:

It sure does hit a nerve. It's funny how sometimes we don't really listen to the words until one day it hits us. Hope your

doing okay these days. Take care of yourself.

Adventurousone

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think this song resonates with a lot of us especially if you take the word "religion" literally to mean ones form of worship.

Actually the expression "Losing My Religion" is an old school way of saying that you've lost your temper or lost your sense of civility. "She kept on pushin' my buttons till I almost lost my religion " It's a way of saying you've really had enough, so much so that you forget all the niceties that your religious upbringing has taught you. You momentarily or permenently cast aside all that used to keep you in check. Whether you view the term literally or as an expression, the song can fit almost any circumstance one might find themselves in that is so intolerable they toss aside what they were always taught to believe, in order to survive the situation...the old rules no longer apply or work for you anymore. In many of our cases, we found ourselves in such a place and on top of that we also found out "our literal religion" was not true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit