Got to talk with my JW daughter

by mrquik 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

I spilled 5 gallons of boiling water over my leg at a clam bake. Avoid that if at all possible. Ended up in the burn ward & went through a skin graft. Avoid that as well. The upside is my oldest daughter came to see me. I hadn't seen or talked to her in several years. I remembered how others have handled these meetings & followed their example. I avoided arguing. I told her some day this will all work out & that I will always love her. I would like to think that I will see her & my grandchildren some day. In any event, I was happy to see her again. By the way, I didn't even get one lousy clam.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Every cloud has a silver and all that.

Glad you are in contact with your daughter again.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What's a clam bake?

• TOTH
    TOTH

So Sorry about you being burned. I hope you are better now and that you and your daughter can come to an amicable understanding....

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Mrquik:

Sorry to hear what happened to you too. Hope your feeling better now. Glad you got to see your daughter did you get to talk to her

about things that are important to you. I hope so for your sake. Well anyways take care of yourself and my husband and I send our love

your way.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry you were burned! That's terrible -- I hope you recover quickly

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry to hear you were burned!But how wonderful that you got to see your daughter. Are you going to have to injure yourself on a regular basis in order to see her again?

Is a clam bake boiling the clams?

• mrquik
    mrquik

Thanks all for your kind remarks. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but here in upstate New York that is what we call boiling a crap load of clams & inviting all your friends over. I spilled the very first pot, was rushed to the hospital & didn't get even one lousy clam. Next time I'm going to have the damn thing catered. I did, though, get to speak to my daughter. I even got a get well card from her. Almost was worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit