My congregation is invited to the Annual meeting via Dell Projector!!!

by DATA-DOG 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I guess tickets will be given to those who qualify. I am usure if all in the Congregation are invited, or just a selected group within selected congregations. I am guessing that it would be selected individuals from certain congregations. I say this because there is no way that everyone from the Congregations that have been mentioned could physically meet in the one KH where the meeting will occur. Perhaps they are having multiple showings on the selected day? I am sure everything is done to retain an air of mystique. It would be so easy to have everyone watch the Annual meeting in their own KH, without disrupting schedules. I guess they want to keep it special, like the extra, super secret 15 minutes of the CO's meeting with the pioneers..

Has anyone experienced this yet?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yup!!

Our Secretary came up and told me that because of our years of being baptized and our good standing in the congregation, my wife and myself would be considered as potential candidates from our KH to attend a video link-up.

I politely declined for both of us, giving tactful but reasonable causes for our inability to attend.

I'll just wait 3 hours and get all the highlights on JW.NET, or wait six months and read all about it in the Watchtower.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Same here.

I mentioned that we had planned some time out of town that weekend. And suggested that the special tickets (I called it 'opportunity') be given to someone else. I've been getting the cold shoulder from this elder ever since. Whatever...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Brilliant! We JWN members outside USA will know what it's about before the jws.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My wife thinks that all publishers who are active will get a ticket. I can't imagine that being the case. The letter that was read says " all who qualify" will recieve a ticket. It's all so ignorant and pompous. Can you imagine Jesus forbidding someone entering a facility where he was teaching because they did not have a ticket?!

It's so stupid. The good thing is that we will know about it before most people anyway! LOL!!! Also, I am pretty sure that I don't qualify. I am not an MS, and can't touch any microphones!! Ha!! Oh, well.....

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It is usually,elders,MS,pioneers,and ones who were baptized and in good standing for many years.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

OH BOY, Lucky Duckies!

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Data-Dog,

That is so true! How ridiculous they are.

gorgia

• BroMac
    BroMac

It will be shown again the next day to more of those who qualify. If you get a ticket to the LIVE show you may be more qualified than the ones who get the recorded showing.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

o what happens when I walk into the hall without an invitation... Will they remove me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit