Long Living Animals Beyond Human Life Span, and a Immortal Jelly Fish?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Strange to think a whale that lives in the Artic, can live past 200 years old! Tortoises of certain species were estimated to live beyond 250 years old, some river gators or crocs are thought to live beyond 200 year old if they are not caught.

The intriguing animals are the creatures the live in cold water, a Jelly Fish that could live 1400 to 2000 years old, these are scientific estimates because no long-term studies were done watching over them...

Why do these animals live longer than other animals? Poor "May Flies" and their 24-48 life cylcle, born, breed and die is strange, something we can only speculate about. Why did Nature make these animals live long while denying the same privelege to a "May Fly" and others with fast life-spans. I am one of those Christians who think God had to cut short the lives of imperfect mankind because we often don't get better with age, could you imagine if we had the cruel dictators and war-lords of past living 400 to 900 years old? I think God had to drop the age in order to make sure we were not all enslaved by some evil ruler (Not Satan!), just my thoughts on this. Take a look at the photos, quite cool animals and creatures you don't see everyday!

Turritopsis nutricula jellyfish, could they be immortals in a perfect environment?

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/stories/10-animals-that-live-the-longest

• prologos
    prologos

AdA: here are ideas with tongue firmly planted in cheek:

during the flood, deluge, the tree of life fruit were drifting off and

whales, jellyfish tortoises,

that never could have gotten to them in the middle east, chanced upon them, and the rest is longevity history.

of course the fruit, leaves were delapidated, so these animals are not quite at the eternal life level.

Proof of the flood at last.

In real life,

Even drowning victims that should be dead in 5 minutes without oxigen have been revived after half an hour in deep cold water.

also these critters mentioned above have a seafood, vegetarian diet, and humans in that category are a near majority among the centenarians too.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Prologs, did you see that Japanese guy who died this month, he was the oldest man on record alive? I think he was 115 years old, the Japanese had the highest averages before the Western Plague of fast food brought the infection there. There are studies with people in Hawaii who have a Japanese hertiage and back-ground, after a short time on the Western diet their genes have tanked into the same problems Americans are dealing with. Heart problems, clogged artieries and other bio-hazaards caused by our high Fat, High Carb diet and low excerise way of life.

• prologos
    prologos

right: look at the lithe oriental nearly perfect neo-eves, a few years after moving to the west, and they become then

"build for confort, not speed" ( a not quite politically correct quote from a tour guide on his polinesian womanfolk,s girth) his, not my words. .

Yes I did. 115 !! correct and he had a seafood diet and not too much of it. (looser countries go through famines during war and after defeat). good for them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The trembling aspen, largest organism. Be jealous.

Trembling Aspen

• prologos
    prologos

jgnat: largest organisn? Is that why in some jurisdiction there are now by-laws prohibiting it,s (poplar's) planting?

• jgnat
    jgnat

The female tree releases poplar fluff that is an annoyance. People are encouraged to plant male or sterile trees.

But that does not slow this persistent tree down. Poplars are notoriously hard to uproot. Cut it down and a dozen suckers come up next summer. Grows like quack grass. Sucker roots invade sewer systems.

The aspen stand in Utah is one genetically identical organism.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The oldest living plant on the planet, maybe tho oldest living thing, is King's Lomatia. 40,000 years old, it does not produce seeds , so the plant of today is the original plant, and is living proof that a Global Flood never happened !

Note this e-mail exchange with the World's expert on the plant:

"Dear ****,

No I don't think King's Lomatia could survive a year submerged in salt water. It grows on the edge of fresh water creek lines in the wild under dense canopy. The plants we grow here at the botanical gardens are difficult to propagate and very touchy in cultivation and are not at all resilient.

Regards,

Natalie

Natalie Tapson

Horticultural Botanist

Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens

Dear ****,

It is fine to quote me. Here is the note sheet from the Tasmanian government Threatened Species Section if you would like more information on the species:

http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/Attachments/SSKA-756W2H/$FILE/Lomatia%20tasmanica.pdf

The reference to the fossilised leaves in Melaleuca inlet may be why there are questions about the species being found in salt water. It is assumed these leaves, which were dated to 43.600 years ago, were washed into the inlet from the fresh water creeks where the species was growing. It is likely that Lomatia tasmanica more widespread in the area in the past than it is today.

Regards,

Natalie

Natalie Tapson

Horticultural Botanist

Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens"

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

jbnat, I love Poplars and my evil sibling hates them, she complains they drop too much bark and mess onto the ground. I love all the plant and tree stuff falling to the ground, I don't touch it and allow it to turn the soil back into a soft friable substance that prevents the ground from turning into death. I am tired of people who constantly till their soil, mess the layers of humus and turn it rock hard! You might enjoy this, there's a book about a fellow tree loving guy whose mission in life is to get "cuttings" of Darwin's favorite kind of trees. Those trees that are meta-trees of their own cultivars. Why does one tree live when all the other Blue Oaks around it die off? I am trying to develop my own potions to fight off those nasty Pine Beetles that attack weak Pines that were planted in areas they should not have.

I had a bet with a old geezer about regenerating a old Hickory Tree and tying four Red Oaks I planted six years ago as they compete for a small amount of area. planting various trees of the same root-stock can be done up to six, trees know their location and usually release hormones to let other roots not to invade their area. The humble Yellow Giant Flowers dump off chemicals into their space to prevent competition. Black Walnut trees are really cool, they are great shade trees, and get this, if another tree's roots venture off near it's roots, the Black Walnut makes the soil toxic to it's unwelcome plants or trees 50 to 60sq radius, how cool is that?

"The Man Who Planted Trees"

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13057778-the-man-who-planted-trees

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

God shortened our lifespan so we dont have 900 year old dictators....sounds logical to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit