Self-made Persecution?

by Tech49 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tech49
    Tech49

At the recent DC, we had the 1 hour drama on Sunday that focused on trusting in Jehovah, no matter what events come up. In the opening scene, we see a father watching a news broadcast on TV, and he learns that JW's have been BANNED, overnight.

This got me thinking, again. Almost weekly, we hear about PERSECUTION COMING, soon soon soon! Be PREPARED for PERSECUTION!

So what if WT is paving the way for a self-made event, to "force" prophecy fulfillment? They KNOW it will happen at some point......."Look, see! We TOLD you it would happen!"

Here's how it works:

1. Money. Big government is already looking with disfavor upon churches, just look at the tax issue alone. BILLIONS of money being lost to TAX-EXEMPT churches and organizations, including WTBTS. Especially those that they deem as mostly a sham, or those not really engaging in a "non-profit" work, and those that claim to be "helping" the general community, but who arent doing much more than hocking books and literature. At some point, the goverment will look to that missing tax base for money, and all hell will break loose. I am sure you all can elaborate on this one, but you get the general idea.

2. Property. WT holds title to THOUSANDS of properties across the USA, and many more worldwide. With the slow but steady "forcing" of Kingdom Halls to relinquish titles to "mother", individual ownership is gone. The portfolio of WT continues to grow daily. Look at the massive construction efforts taking place right now in NY...... um, WHY? Have you seen the plans for that thing!! Holy Moses, no expense is being spared! It would not be inconceivable for another case like the Conti case to trigger a MASSIVE lawsuit against WT, again. A court order to SEIZE, or at the very least, FREEZE the properties of WT, until an outcome is decided, which could take years, would be in order. So KH's and Assembly Halls are locked up. And then the cry....... PERSECUTION, PERSECUTION !!! WOE is ME !!!

WTBS is setting itself up for a Manufactured Event, one that they will manipulate into "fulfillment of prophecy". You watch, it's coming.

Oh, we are so blessed.....

Your thoughts?

Jack Harper, Tech49

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Yes... that construction project in Warwick is pretty big, but no where near the $1.6 Billion in pure profit that they'll get with the Brooklyn sell-off...

I do agree that the WT does like to set itself up for persecution from time to time just to forcibly fulfill prophecy...

This creates a persecution complex that trickles down to the rank-and-file... just go on YouTube on you'll see what I mean. If anyone makes any non-theocratic comments on any videos posted by JWs, there's usually a response from a Dub saying: "We love this persecution. It was foretold in the Bible that we would be the subject of hatred"...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tech49 reports:

" At the recent DC, we had the 1 hour drama on Sunday that focused on trusting in Jehovah, no matter what events come up. In the opening scene, we see a father watching a news broadcast on TV, and he learns that JW's have been BANNED, overnight..."

This is precisely the same fantasy they were spewing in the 1960s. They have a pathological psychology that needs for them to be THE MOST IMPORTANT RELIGION IN THE WORLD. They are mentally diseased.

• Shador
    Shador

It is of note that the only governments (AFAIK) that have outright BANNED Jehovah's Witnesses wholesale (as opposed to, say, restricting preaching, saying it was commercial or whatnot) have been totalitarian regimes. (i.e. the Nazis, the USSR, etc.) Why? Because totalitarian governments know a good propaganda machine when they see one and they don't want competition.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

lol @ Nathan. Your posts are awesome.

Also, I remember in the 80's a youngish couple putting WT, etc.. in the drywalled in walls of their home when they did a renovation. "When we are banned at lease we'll have something to read to keep our faith up". That type of acute paranoia has been going on for quite some time.

Tiresome and boring, what a delightful combination.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Tech49 - 1. Money. Big government is already looking with disfavor upon churches, just look at the tax issue alone. BILLIONS of money being lost to TAX-EXEMPT churches and organizations, including WTBTS. Especially those that they deem as mostly a sham, or those not really engaging in a "non-profit" work, and those that claim to be "helping" the general community, but who arent doing much more than hocking books and literature. At some point, the goverment will look to that missing tax base for money, and all hell will break loose. I am sure you all can elaborate on this one, but you get the general idea.

I wish that more exJWs and people adversely affected by the WTBTS would write to their political representatives about decreasing tax deductions (and exemptions, when applicable) for dangerous cults like the WTBTS. The Unification Church has already had tax deductions for contributions reduced by the IRS. Anyone know how to motivate exJWs to write to their politicians about reducing/eliminating tax deductions for dangerous cults and writing about their personal experiences to justify their request?

Reduced income would cause the WTBTS to squeeze R&F JWs more and could possible help some JWs to finally see TTATT.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tech49 - "WTBS is setting itself up for a Manufactured Event, one that they will manipulate into 'fulfillment of prophecy'. You watch, it's coming."

Yeah, I've suspected this for a while, too.

I'm pretty certain by now that no matter how high they keep going, they're gonna keep losing the Conti verdict appeals, and the wave of lawsuits that will follow the precedent, bad PR, and potential frozen assets will have to be spun somehow.

Historically, apocalyptic millennialist groups have needed to occasionally set a date for the End of the World to motivate the membership and drum up recruitment, but the WTS has done that far too many times in the past 100-odd years; the option's way past its sell-by date. If they tried it again at this late juncture, they'd lose too much credibility with a significant percentage of the R&F, so portraying themselves as martyrs while they consolidate assets at Walkill is the only play they really have left.

And it'll probably work to a degree; many of the R&F will be scared into submission, and I'm sure a number of XJWs who still "believe" will feel compelled to come back; it'll be this Century's equivalent to the run-up to 1975.

The smarter ones (and XJWs who know TTATT, obviously) will see through it, though; all it will really do is winnow out the rest of the Conscious Class and any remaining creative types, outside-the-box thinkers, and intellectuals.

GB2.0 will be left with a leaner and meaner membership that can still support the Org, and in the case of Walkill, give the R&F a better "Mecca" to aspire towards, turning a potential defeat into an internally percieved "victory".

Just like Masada.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Tech49:

Unfortunately the ones that get hurt are the rank and file members. The society is sitting on a mountain of property and money.

Them crying poor mouth is just a bunch of garbage, they just want us to feel sorry for them. Well guess what we don't feel sorry for

them. We feel sorry for all those witnesses who need to come out of the WTS. So never stop talking about the truths that we know,

because who knows who we can help along the way. WATCH OUT WATCHTOWER.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is precisely the same fantasy they were spewing in the 1960s......NN

I remember that well..JW`s were going to be persecuted!..

Thrown into Concentration Camps!..

Where we would be Subjected to.. I Hate that..

Unspeakable Horrors!!.. Effin Dog!..

...................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Add to this the "hate crimes" that are being espoused by the Organization. If you made statements about any race or nationality or because of sexual orientation, etc as they are saying about "apostates", it would be an illegal "hate crime" in many places.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit