Reading the Bible Cover to Cover and Not Cherry Picking Verses Can Turn You Into an Athiest

by frankiespeakin 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Not all "Christians" believe that the earth was created in six 24-hour days.

I'm LDS (Mormon) and no one I know of since 1830 has believed this. I'm not even sure the Jehovah's Witnesses believe it. To think that God created the Universe (stars) just so man wouldn't be in total darkness is actually a doctrine held by some. I have a good friend who's convinced the earth is the only inhabited planet in the entire universe, with its trillions of stars and billions of galaxies. The original word for "day" is very similar to our word. It can mean a 24-hour day or it can mean an era, like "back in my day!" It also can be translated "time" (as an indefinite period). It can be 24 hours or 24 million years...or pick a number.

It's an established fact, documented by the popular television series The Flintstones, which with other scientific programs like the Animal Planet's Mermaid: The Body Found, show accurately how life evolved on earth. We know dinosaurs existed with people like Fred, Wilma and the Rubbles, just as we now know the aquatic ape theory is true.

In fact, I might open a museum in an Amish community one of these days....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit