"true christians"

by fakesmile 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i have seen so many references to "true cristians". it is kind of an annoyance. the comment usually starts with, "well true christians" or something seperating one class of cheistian against a "not tru christian".

see the thing is that the "true christians" have to claim the "not true christians" because they all study the same book. example, i recently tripped up a jw acuaintince by asking if he supports westboro baptist. they preach an unpopular dogma in the public square. takin the message to the street so to speak. the look on the face of this acuaintince was awesome. he had to agree that they did "gods work" but quickly tried to distance his brand of christianity.

im not for long coherent posts so my question is must all "true christians" defend benny hinn, westboro, or jim jones? why or why not might they be true christians?

• Shador
    Shador

"true christians" = all christians who believe the same thing the person using the phrase believes.

See also the logical fallacy: No true scotsman

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

shador, i didnt realize that they had names for all of these fallacies. ill spend a day or so on it. personally, i am a fan of aesop. lol. same lessons without guilt.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i suppose Christ will decide.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i smell a cult that is it. It is a way to say if you are good you will do what I say

• BU2B
    BU2B

This has always has angered me.. If a person puts faith in Christ and follows his example, then they are a true christian. JWs are the least Christian denomination on average I have seen, as there is no true love and Christ Jesus is barely mentioned. In a Christian group almost all focus should be on Christ, as it was in the NT. JWs emphasis is on Jehovah, and the FDS. Christ is an annoying necessity to them. They actually resemble the Pharisees, and are closer to the Man of lawlessness/antichrist seeing as they deny Christs role as mediator, downplay his importance, and deny the hope he offered of heavenly life to the R+F JWs.

Even worse than the term true Christians, is their term, sincere and professed Christians. This insinuates that all others are insincere, dishonest, and frauds.

While calling themselves True Christians, they insult all other Christians and it is ironic that they are not Christian acting, not showing real love/fruitages of the spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit