Elders who criticized brothers talks for being TOO strict?

by toto555 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toto555
    toto555

Did this ever happen to you? Did you ever try to teach God's word the way it was supposed to be rendered only to deal with elders and others who wanted you to "tone it down" or have your "words seasoned with salt" although you weren't saying anything wrong. You were just telling the truth and they didn't want to hear it. Did you ever receive unnecessary criticism for this?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

It's all about control... it's like them telling me the end is near .. the end is near .. as soon as I say it.....

It's .." simmer down you don't wanna serve jehovah for a date .. nobody knows the hour "

I'm not serving for a date .. then why be in a dooms day cult.. LOL

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

off topic a little, but a elder gave a talk in the theocratic school about how a bible passage happened in 1914. I didnt get it so i raised my hand and said so, would he explain it...and just for a second i swear i saw fear on his face...then he composed himself and the bullshit cae out....

• SadElder
    SadElder

No. But I did give counsel to a few for beating Jesus sheep when they got up there on the platform and time and again did the "do more" thing. There is nothing wrong with the strength of God's word, but I never put up with speakers who wanted to place their own self contrived loads on the backs of the brothers. Jesus words about his load and yoke gives insight into his kindness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit