CO letter about using time or money to help out in Napal!

by DwainBowman 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    I was talking to my brother this morning. Last night at his meeting, they read a letter from their CO. He talked about the earthquake. He said that if some were moved to maybe take some vacation time, and go do volunteer work in Napal. Or maybe, they have some money and want to help out. Well instead any money that would be spent or used to help out, should instead be sent to the Borg. And the GB knows where such money should be used! He went on to somehow equate going against what the GB says, with spiritism! My brother was working, and could not recall the scriptures that were used to be twisted around to support that!
    What a load of crap is that!
    Just think, if you give say a dollar to Saint Jude's children's hospital, your sinning, instead it should be sent to the GB instead!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for god needs you money

GOD LOVES YOU AND HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

Doc

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    If you gunna give wt any money, make sure you stipulate that you want it to go to Nepalese relief, and also on the condition that the work been done is at no charge.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    That would not be the corst time i heard i heard that logic dubbie land. In samul something or other, samul tells saul that running ahead presumptuously is the same as using uncanny power. Ive heard that applied to ignoring modern day council as well
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    That's it Morpheus!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Always glad to regurgitate my former cult training ;)
  • CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

I think the Japanese branch is taking care of "relief efforts" for Nepal.

I won't give to WT for such things nor the Red Cross (but I will give blood).

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Gee...imagine that, they are asking for money!

"And the GB knows where such money should be used!" I BET THEY DO!!

• Splash
    Splash
    _Morpheus samuel tells saul that running ahead presumptuously is the same as using uncanny power.

This is interesting.
    The NWT says (1 Samuel 15:23) "pushing ahead presumptuously [is] the same as using magical power"

But the Hebrew word used here does not mean that. It is consistently translated as "stubbornness" in other translations. Even in the NWT this Hebrew word is only translated "pushing ahead presumptuously" in this one place.

The WT didn't always use this peculiar translation, and in fact once adhered to accepted wisdom in calling it 'stubbornness'.
    Up until WT 1951 7/1 p. 390, the WT uses "stubbornness".
    This changes to "Self will" in w52 3/15 p.170.
    Goes back to "stubbornness" in w53 12/1 p.735
    Stays the same until w55 9/15 p. 565 when we first see "pushing ahead presumptuously".

Stubbornness is not the same as pushing ahead presumptuously, but it suits the WT to have this phrase available to them so it can be wheeled out as a method of berating and condemning any charitable intentions, as in the case the OP describes.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

That is interesting..... I never questioned it because the context seemed to support the pushing ahead rendering

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit