The cherry on top of a crap year

by new22day 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• new22day
    new22day

a self indulgent post - just need to vent. I've had a year... spent two years dating my ex JW BF and spending way too much time trying to get him out. Read way too many books, i.e Crisis of Conscience, Freedom of Mind, I'm Perfect You're Not, and even the damn Bible, blah blah blah. I couldn't get through to him. I was the bad guy. Finally waved the flag in Dec, got tired of the games - the secrets, the double-life etc and let it go, with help and words of wisdom from many on this site.

My job is taxing. The kind that calls for 12 hours a day, weekends included, lotsa pressure and big politics. Trying to get someone out of a cult distracted me from my job, made me tired. Ending the relationship once and for all - knocked me down with sadness. I took a week off in March to get my head back. Two days in I dislocated my knee, tore my knee cap off, ripped a bunch of ligaments. In a full leg brace. Can finally walk somewhat and can drive. 8 more months to completely heal ahead.

Returned to work and first day back, after 7 long years, and raving performance reviews they let me go. They noticed for a few months I was off my game and this company doesn't suffer with the weak for long - I could hardly tell them at the time I was distracted trying to rescue the man I loved from a cult (awkward laugh).

I know I'll eventually land on my feet, or at least on my one good leg. It will be ok. Right...?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Men will use you up! It is like they need women to fix them. They prefer to get dumped so they look like the good guy to the next girl. Tea and sympathy from any women who will listen.

Last week a man told me his break up story. Never been married and 58 years old. Claimed he would like to get married some day because he was never married. The guy was in tears because his girlfriend dumped him said she was the love of his life. They dated for three years.

Now, at his age dating someone for three years means that he never planned to marry her. It really was a waste of my time and he enjoyed wasting my time, because he knew right off that he is not going to marry any one oneand that is why his girlfriend moved on! That will be the last time,I allow a man to waste my time. I was feeling drained after 15 minutes.

Bummer about your knee.

Double bummer about your job.

Dumping him was smart move. Now you can find someone you do not need to fix up.

Take care and get better soon.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

new22day - it really sucks when life throws so many downers at you one after another...I totally 100% understand your frustration. Does it get better? Jeez i don't know - I'm still reeling 2 years on trying to land. I'd be happy to land on my bum even - just want to land and find something solid under me. It's all about how you deal with the knocks mentally - that is where your strength lies.

Hope you land on stable ground, both feet !

• running_away
    running_away

sometimes we see our problems like they will never go away... but they will...

and, 10 years from now, you will hardly remember your actual problems.

So, take a deep breath and remember that this is just a low, it will go away in no time.

I will drink this one for you!

cheers!

• *lost*
    *lost*

ow -ow-ow ow-ow cringeing here. poor you.

Gawd, men, lol, not a man basher - but- some of them are such idiots not all, just the oneswho were never able to fully sever

the apron strings.

You may find love in a hopeless place, when your least expecting it. I did, very bumpy start, and a very rocky road.

Upside - we will be getting married ( I just got to get divorced first, lol, I'm such a harlot) He be my sould mate.

Bless him, I 'witnessed' the troof like it was fact, then i witnessed him the 'Truth' cos it is fact. Funny thing life.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

They're hopelessy lost without us! Sorry to hear about your difficulties Newday22. Breathe. I just heard on the news that the job outlook is better for women than for men. See, even employers know who is gonna get the real work done.

Can I join in, in the venting?

Hubby left for a 10 day camping rendezvous/trade show and forgot to take the winter cover & insulation off of our evaporative cooler and its 100 degrees. I can't find the special socket to take the screw out to do it myself. I'm dying! He has no cell service so I can't call him to ask where he put the damn tool.

On the same day, 2 weeks ago we lost both of the timing belts in BOTH of our vehicles and ruined both engines. And don't make enough $$$ to go get another one. So, I'm stranded here at home.

Ok, I think I'm done.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You have had a rough year, you need a hug ((((hug)))) Wow, ending a relationship, getting injured, and losing a job would throw anyone, that is a lot of stress. I am so glad you ended the relationship, if he couldn't be open about his relationship, it would never work out. Time to focus on getting well and finding a new job. One thing I recommend to anyone going through stress is to try meditation. It is great at keeping you relaxed and focused, which will help you heal and find a new job.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Wow -- that's a lot to happen in one year. I feel for you -- I'm sure things will get better, but I agree that right now it all sucks! Hugs to you -- take a bit of time to recover from all these blows if you can, then back on your feet and find another job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit