by Parliament 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Parliament
    Parliament

I had a 2 hour converstion with a p.o. today. I brought up the '75 controversy and he told me the the wbts only mentioned '75 in the '68 watchtower and again in late '75, but it NEVER said that it would be then. I have seen many posts here that have reference to the wtbs making a good case for that year. I remember a few leaving the org when '75 came and went. He went on to say that too many people speculated that year and he did'nt know why. He asked me to show him any other references that the org made that would lead anyone to come to that date. I have seen alot of them here but dont know where to start looking.

Thanks
    Bob

• AlanF
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's one - note that it is a 1966 WT and refers directly to the book that REALLY fanned the flames of '75-ism!.

"To give aid today in this critical time to prospective sons of God," announced President Knorr, "a new book in English, entitled 'Life Everlasting-in Freedom of the Sons of God,' has been published." At all assembly points where it was released, the book was received enthusiastically. Crowds gathered around stands and soon supplies of the book were depleted. Immediately its contents were examined. It did not take the brothers very long to find the chart beginning on page 31, showing that 6,000 years of man's existence end in 1975. Discussion of 1975 overshadowed about everything else. "The new book compels us to realize that Armageddon is, in fact, very close indeed," said a conventioner. Surely it was one of the outstanding blessings to be carried home!"

- Watchtower October 15, 1966 "Rejoicing over 'God's Sons of Liberty' Spiritual Feast"

• Beans
    Beans

Great Topic! http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/1975.htm and I like this one also http://www.watchtowernews.org/media/fredfranz75an.html

He also said to the crowd in Toronto at an assembly (which I was at) this "Do you know why nothing happened in 1975? It was because YOU expected something to happen!" As he pointed at the crowd!

Beans

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Go to thi9s link and hear Fred Franz, speaking in 1975 in Australia.

Transcript below...

http://www.watchtowernews.org/media/fredfranz75an.html

"One thing now; in the next few months, of this lunar claendar, why what's gonna happen? And is it likely that the destruction of whole wicked system of things will take place at the hands of Jehovah God the "Great Executioner" of His judgements against Satan and his wicked organization?

Well, a lot will have to happen in which to occur by SEPTEMBER THE FIFTH
    the end of the lunar month of year nineteen hundred and seventy five, a LOT will have to happen.

And when you consider how much has to happen and how even dependant upon the normal outworking of things it seems very improbable, very ulikely that ALL that has to take place in fulfillment of prophecy will be accomplished by SEPTEMBER THE FIFTH AT SUN DOWN.

Not to say that God cannot bring it about by then - he's ALL-mighty, and he has his time and he acts on time; he's a precise timekeeper, and if it's his will,
    to have everything accomplished by SEPTEMBER THE FIFTH SUNDOWN OF THIS YEAR, why, it certainly can come to pass.

But then when we see how things are moving along, just gradually, and there's much to be accomplished according to the prophecies, why, we begin to wonder; well, now, will ALL these things happen in so short a period of time that is left?"

Your PO is an ininformed idiot. Educate him.

Expose! EXPOSE! EXPOSE the "king" and his "kingdom"!
    - Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

A few quotes below from the 1966 Watchtower. It is quit obvious that the 1975 issue was a product of one simple minded, individual, Fred Franz.

*** w66 10/15 628-9 Rejoicing over "God's Sons of Liberty" Spiritual Feast ***
    THRILLING DISCOURSES
    To give aid today in this critical time to prospective sons of God,” announced President Knorr, “a new book in English, entitled ‘Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God,’ has been published.” At all assembly points where it was released, the book was received enthusiastically. Crowds gathered around stands and soon supplies of the book were depleted. Immediately its contents were examined. It did not take the brothers very long to find the chart beginning on page 31, showing that 6,000 years of man’s existence end in 1975. Discussion of 1975 overshadowed about everything else. “The new book compels us to realize that Armageddon is, in fact, very close indeed,” said a conventioner. Surely it was one of the outstanding blessings to be carried home!
    *** w66 10/15 631 Rejoicing over "God's Sons of Liberty" Spiritual Feast ***
    THE YEAR 1975
    At the Baltimore assembly Brother Franz in his closing remarks made some interesting comments regarding the year 1975. He began casually by saying, “Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said, ‘Say, what does this 1975 mean? Does it mean this, that or any other thing?’” In part, Brother Franz went on to say: ‘You have noticed the chart [on pages 31-35 in the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God]. It shows that 6,000 years of human experience will end in 1975, about nine years from now. What does that mean? Does it mean that God’s rest day began 4026 B.C.E.? It could have. The Life Everlasting book does not say it did not. The book merely presents the chronology. You can accept it or reject it. If that is the case, what does that mean to us? [He went into some length showing the feasibility of the 4026 B.C.E. date as being the beginning of God’s rest day.]
    ‘What about the year 1975? What is it going to mean, dear friends?’ asked Brother Franz. ‘Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could. Does it mean that the attack of Gog of Magog is going to be made on Jehovah’s witnesses to wipe them out, then Gog himself will be put out of action? It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hi Parliament,

Here's a good one too...

For example
    the 5/22/69 AWAKE! on page 15 said this:" If you are a young person, you also need to face the
    fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Therefore as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on its way to its finish, if not actually gone!

• Amazing
    Amazing

The October 8, 1968 Awake!, "It is Later than You Think? - What will the 1970s Brings?" is the first Awake! I ever read, and is the primary article that induced me to join the JW religion ... and it is the issue that many non-JWs at my work place made fun of because they took the article as JWs making a false prophecy.

I think one of the references above will cite a 1973 or 1974 KM that induces JWs to sell the house, the car, and take the wife and kids to where the need is great and Pioneer before the end comes in 1975 ... which was considered only months away.

Any JW who tried to minimize the 1975 issue and act as though it was the fault of specualting Rank & File JWs, has one of Three problems: (1) They were not there and are merely parroting the rhetoric they heard, or (2) They are in serious denial, or (3) THEY ARE DELIBERATE LIARS, acting with malice of forethought, with the wicked intention to decieve.

Example found in George Parrish: He posted on H20 for a while, even after the Society banned such particiaption in Nov. 1999. he also hosted his own talk forum, but confined this to active JW participation only. I believe he was an Elder.

He would come on to H20 and ask us to prove the false prophecy of 1975, and when many did, he would conveniently never respond. I followed him to his own site one day, and posted my material there, stating that he never responded to me on H20. He even had a post on his own site that asked for the proof ... shortly after I posted, my account was deleted, and my post was deleted. WHY? Because as a liar, he could never refute the evidence ... and so had to hide it from JW participants on his board.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

When I approached this issue with my father - Elder and Service Overseer, I pulled out the 1968 Awake that discussed "what does 1975 mean to you." My father at first denied it, until I got him backed into a very tiny corner, at which point my father directly admitted it has been covered over and this was accpetable "Theocratic Warfare" to protect the congregation. I used his own bound volumes to proove a point.

The link Nathan Natas gave, recorded on Randy's www.freeminds.org website is excellent. Here Governing Body member Fred Franz speaks at an assembly and discussed that the "end" could even occur September 5, 1975 at sundown.

Just in case here's the link:
    http://www.watchtowernews.org/media/fredfranz75an.html

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit