What has happened to 4jehovah.org

by Watchtower-Free 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I got the website address off a Youtube video of a sign carrier at a current Convention .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbc-4nKv43Y

But when you go to the site NOTHING .

Could the Watchtower somehow be behind this?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The content on that site was excellent. However, it was rarely updated...

• androb31
    androb31

I haven't posted in awhile but Christy is a friend and I thought I'd respond here. The site has been a target of relentless attacks. Here's an update from the monthly newsletter from Christy the founder. You can also get to the same info on the sister site 4witness.org and 4 mormon.org.

Christy's Report - Website Upgrade Progress Report

Hi Everyone,

We have now completed our 4th month in the website upgrade project and are starting our 5th month. At the same time, we have continued to battle hacking attacks. This month, one of the hackers was able to take down all of our sites completely in all languages. Thankfully, we had good backups of the sites and were able to restore everything within a few hours of the attack which had happened at 7PM the night before. Then, two weeks later, another hacker found one of our most popular sites and messed it up to the point where we had to do a database restore for it to display on the Internet again. So, it seems to be quite a battle keeping our current sites going while we work on the new ones, but I am happy to report that one of our largest sites (4jehovah.org) is nearly done with just a few links to update and a few more language pages to get translated. Since that site links heavily with 4witness.org, we are needing to complete both of those sites before we can go live with either one of them. So r now we are focused on 4witness.org and trying to get that one ready to launch.

I can't over emphasize just how much we appreciate your prayers and financial support. Although we received the initial $4,000 funds needed for the technical work done on our new sites, we have started to run into our reserve account on the manual side of the migration project because there is so much that has to be redone to make the content compatible with the new layout and software. As a result, both myself and my office assistant are cranking out the hours in overtime working on the sites. I am doing a few things to limit how much my time is costing the ministry, but still, funds are tight. In addition to this, our Portuguese translator lost his job this past month due to the financial situation in Europe. So we can give him more translation work if we can raise the funds needed to keep him busy during this time of unemployment. We appreciate your help as you feel led of the Lord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit