The Brain, Quantum Mechanics and Reality

by ballistic 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I was watching a TV programme the other day about experimental surgery was being used to put silicon chips into a blind man's retina, and how he said that an amazing side effect was vivid dreams in full colour at night.

And I got thinking how sometimes when I awake I can almost here the noise around me "modulate" from the sounds in my dream, actually vice versa. i.e. the brain acts as a kind of device which can take white noise and modulate some kind of order out of it.

The world around us is, as we know, operating on a quantum level, and the brain seems like the ideal device to make sense of it, in wakefullness that is.

The two slit experiment shows that the quantum waveform collapses to a certain state when it is observed. Perhaps it is the brain itself internal to "us" that collapses the waveform inside the brain and not externally. How would you be able to prove otherwise?

If I was designing a universe from scratch, it would seem quite an efficient design to have everything operating on quantum principles (mostly statistical probabilities) and use lifeforms to do all the processing. They are the ones that bring about the reality in their minds.

Just a few thoughts.

• cofty
    cofty
    The world around us is, as we know, operating on a quantum level, and the brain seems like the ideal device to make sense of it

Why do you say that?

Isn't it like saying the Hubble telescope seems like the ideal device for reading the small print on my newspaper?

Quantum operates at the level of sub-atomic particles. By comparison the synapses of our brain are like the Grand Canyon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit