Where Did the Watchtower Go Wrong By Not Preparing Their Members For Death from Old Age? Real Stories.

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The following story is heart-breaking to me, I was in Los Angeles in a Cancer Hospital to see a friend who was partially in the Organization I would say. He had found Jesus Christ and his thoughts had changed where he really thought he was going to Heaven. I hope he is right, I am not a god or judge and I hope he is looking down on me from above laughing after the graceful way he endured his agonizing death.

According to the nurses and doctors he should have been put on the old "Thorazine Cocktail Drug" for End-Stage Cancer patients but he was able to handle this disgusting disease with grace and dignity. I asked him "How are you holding up Tiger, and he replied "I am kicking this diseases's ass and will win" than he say's "You know I have two days left to live and I can't wait to be with Jesus in the Clouds!" In some other rooms were some JWs who were thirty years his elder, they were terrified of death and two were howling like a dogs with their legs cut off. My friend who was suffering from bone-cancer and pancreatic cancer with tumors all over his neck, lungs and brain never cried or howled even though his pain was insane. He said to me "I don't think they have faith or they are broken spirit wise, that they are going to have to die in this wicked system of things".

This is such a touchy subject, pain hurts everyone in various ways but I have seen how so many JWs are terrified of death while some of the more progressive and born-againers I saw dying did not have that same fear. Was this the fault of the Watchtower for breaking down their spirit by promising the elderly and others that they would not see death? One brother was crying saying "I wanted to see Jesus come back and not die, how come I have to die?" others feel betrayed like they were tricked by the Organization for believing they would not die and now they are suffering so badly from a terrible and painful disease. Who is to blame for this, the believer or the people who spread the lie "You will not have to grow old and die in this System, Jesus will return and you will not have to pership or suffer!". I wanted to cry when I heard these JWs crying like babies from the pain the cancer was killing them with, I was angry at the Organization for not providing these dear people with a reasonable expectation "You probably are going to die in this system but Jesus is going to take you to the Clouds with him, once you close your eyes you are going to be in his tender mercy and arms of love! Instead they force the issue, you must be faithful until the end, try to preach in-between Morphine and Thorazine shots and your bouts of crying!

I feel the Watchtower Organization is almost as bad as the Cancer that consumed these poor brothers and sisters who believed all the lies they taught. I wish they did not have to suffer the pain and emotional problems of thinking they did something wrong, that's why they don't get to see the Big A!

• running_away
    running_away

They teach almost the same, in this case.

"you will wake up in paradise... it's just close and open your eyes, just like falling asleep"

I fell a little bit afraid of death. I don't have that desire to "live forever", but also I believe that an earlier death is unfear. I want to see my kids as adults. I want to have grandchildren.

What if I die tomorrow?

What if I die before waking up my family to TTATT?

I'm some sort of agnostic, so I don't think that I'm going anywere. And that is a little more scary. In the end it will be "game over, man... game over!", no hopes, nothing. Just the blue screen of death.

Going back to the issue: No, I believe that WT gives their followers an empty hope as empty as the other faiths. Is not better, is not worst.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I am less afraid of death now than when I was a JW, even though I once passed into the 'undiscovered country from which bourne no traveler returns.' As a JW you are told that death is unnatural, that it cheats you out of an eternal life you have a right to. Now I know that everyone in the history of the world has died, and most untimely it's true. But what most people want is to be able to grow old and be able to look back at a life lived, and hang with the grandkids, before going to sleep. But a JW? I wasn't scared of dying so much as I was of not living. Now I'm at peace with the eventuality that befalls us all. Sure, I don't want to die, but when I do, I can be like Steve Waugh and say, NO REGRETS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit