Public Apology & Amends

by Cephyr13 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Cephyr13
    Cephyr13

I was in this forum breifly about 7 years ago. Probably no one remembers me, and the people back then probably aren't even still here...but I need to make an amends anyway for what I did.

I've been in Recovery (12 Step) for a couple of years now to deal with my behavior issues. I'm on Step 9, which is making amends. In other words, I try to make right what I've done wrong to others. The 12 Steps are basically lifted right out of the Bible and condition people how to live a God-centered life. Making amends is like the verse where it says, "If you have something against your brother, leave your gift at the alter and go make things right with him first, then come back and offer your gift."

When I was here before, I was arrogant and disrespectful of others beliefs. I tried to tell people what I saw as "the truth," rather than just appreciating everyone's beliefs and learning and sharing. I undermined the whole purpose for an online forum. I tried to tell people they were wrong and convince them I was right. But the truth is, I'm just as susceptible to being wrong as anyone else, so it's wrong of me to push my beliefs on anyone else. I apologize to the forum and to anyone I did this to. I had incredibly low self-worth, and now that I'm coming out of that, I'm seeing all of the people I hurt as a result of that. There's no excuse for what I did.

If I hurt you specifically with my behavior, shoot me an email and let me know what I did and how I can make it right.

- Brian

• Glander
    Glander

Just forgive yourself. I have recovered from your hateful lashes (I must have because I can't remember any)

Have a drink and fuggedaboutit.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome back. I haven't been here long enough to remember you, but I still appreciate the process you're going through.

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

I wasn't here then either but I think it is great you are getting your life on track and I wish you happiness and success with your recovery. Even though we don't know most of the people on this board in person it still takes a lot of courage to come out and apologize to others. Once you have done making your amends it is then time to forgive yourself and live life to the fullest. We hope you will stick around and add to the conversations.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Wow...there is an excuse for what you did because it was a time and a place and a circumstance that is in the past. Good luck mate on the tomorrow and a day at a time. Admire you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit