My Public Apology

by Suspicious 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

To those I shunned:

Sorry to every single person I shunned while still asleep. It's rather funny that now I’m the one reaching out. Although I am not out of the org and I don't plan to be anytime soon due to complicated reasons, I want to make a public apology. To everyone that I shunned, judged, and mistreated, I am deeply regretful… Sorry doesn't even cut it. I didn’t prove to be a real friend when times got tough. I let a bully dictate how I would treat my friends. I was blinded and failed to see what admirable qualities each one of you possessed. I admire the courage it took to leave and make a stand for yourselves despite knowing the consequences of such corruptness. You are all still great people and still my friends deep down. I have now realized that caring for people and being a true friend shouldn't be conditionally based on one’s religion or faith any more than it should be based on skin color and appearance. Whatever course each individual has taken, I still wish each person the best of luck. Funny I’m wishing you "luck" now? I remember all the arguments we had about that word lol. Good times. I am not a reader of hearts nor your judges. I wish I still had my contacts but I don't because I deleted them thinking I was doing the right thing. I wish I could call each person and personally show them how sorry I am and that I am still capable of being a true friend despite having taken different paths in life. You will all have a place in my heart and the good times we had will forever be cherished. I wish you all the best of luck in your life endeavors and hope you all remain the fantastic people you were and still most likely are.

Deepest regret,

Your Suspicious Long Lost Friend

• jam
    jam

A nice apology, to bad you can,t make it available for others

to see.

• whathappened
    whathappened

My poor mother in law and father in law were both disfellowshipped for smoking in the 70's when it first became a disfellowshipping offence. Being the self righteous Jehovah's Witnesses we were we didn't talk to them. They had three children and four grandchildren that they never got to see. I now feel very guilty that we were so cruel. They would complain about it and were clearly in pain, but we wouldn't soften our stance. They are dead now and there is no going back. I am so sorry for our unloving behavior.

They were both smokers when they got baptized and didn't think it was fair that the Watchtower Society changed the rules on them. None of us kids wavered and we told them to obey the Society and quit smoking. They had both smoked since their teen age years and were hopelessly addicted.

Such a cruel policy and so unloving.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Apology accepted

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Wow that's just horrible... I'm sorry to hear that. If only we could go back in time and fix what we broke. If anyone else want to apologize feel more than free. It made me feel a bit better granted no one I know will read this but hopefully it helps those being shunned understand that at the time we felt like it was for the right reason.

• zound
    zound

Don't sweat it - you were just under mind control. Just don't let it happen again ;)

• *lost*
    *lost*

suspicious lovely post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit