Ray Franz picture in Watchtower publications

by zound 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zound
    zound

I remember as a kid (in the late 80's early 90's) seeing Ray Franz picture in some kind of publication and being told by my mother that he was a GB member that became an apostate and wrote a book.

Does anyone know what publication this could have been? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

• Little lost girl
    Little lost girl

I think it's called Crisis of Conscience.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

And also called the "Book of Life" for the courage to tell us the truth about the men behind the curtains pulling the levers. The ancient Jews could not have done a better job at attacking Ray Franz the way the Org did to a modern day Jeremiah. Ray lost all the riches of modern day Eygpt (Bethel, New York) so he could look to a better reward our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ promised his followers. Abused by his fellow cronies and lied about by their gossip, they were not worthy of this man who changed our lives forever!

The irony of it all, the Tower has become the "stonner of prophets and sages from Jehovah" while polishing the graves of the ancient prophets of Russell, a man who preached against Organized Religion and Power Grabbers!

• Gopher
  • eby
    eby

There was an article in TIME magazine:

Religion: Witness Under Prosecution

By Richard N. Ostling Monday, Feb. 22, 1982 Subscriber content preview. Subscribe now or Log-In

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,922767,00.html#ixzz2XVXjIk1S

eby

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes. Time Magazine.

I have a copy.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit