Every Ex-JW can learn very important parallels from this video

by Terry 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

The speaker in the video was genitally mutilated as a young girl. As a Muslim she had been devout and even on the fringe.

However, events in her life drove her into an escape into free society.

She is an outspoken person much despised as an APOSTATE.

In this video her explanation of the psychology of Absolute Belief is the sort of carefully wrought clarification which can

be an epiphany for former Jehovah's Witnesses as well.

It is a helluva clear deconstruction of what makes ISLAM tick, too.

http://www.youtubeskip.com/watch?v=fe_cuzsmmHU

• Terry
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I came across this thread some 16 days ago and still havent watched the video /s right through.However my sister in law who does not come on this site , an ex JW, who does not beleive in coming on these sites at all ,gave me 2 books she picked up at an op-shop a couple of weeks after terrys op.

While I find it curious ? Timely ? Coincidental ? providential ? that I received these books at this time , (and I am nobody) what do you think ?

The titles are : The Caged Virgin and Infidel by AYAAN HIRSI ALI

I am presently halfway through The Caged Virgin and I am thouroughly enjoying the journey of life this woman is going through painfull as it is at times ,yet the determination that drives her for a better outcome for women in ISLAM

I wholly reccomend These books for people who not only want to understand Islam , but how similar it can be to the Jehovahs Witness religion .

Terry,I am a very slow reader and when I finally finish these books I will try to give my 2 cents worth of input.

smiddy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Those hyperlinks are not working for me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All authoritarian religions are mirror images of each other.

In the unlikely event that the WT were (inexplicably) placed in charge of a country, not only would they hypocritically accept it (whilst giving the appearance of humility), but a JW-centric version of Sharia law would be a distinct possibility.

It would simply be too hard for the GB to resist.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry,I am a very slow reader and when I finally finish these books I will try to give my 2 cents worth of input.

smiddy

We have all the time in the world, smiddy. After all, the Watchtower says our days are short! :)

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Wow when you watch the video and and replace the words here after with after armagedon the philosophy is basically the same.

• Terry
    Terry

I find this lady to be quite modestly articulate and effective in facing down her persecutors. There is nothing shrill or self-serving in her message. We can all learn from her steadfastness!

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

nice link Terry, thank you for sharing!

• Terry
    Terry

She has body guards day and night. What a way to have to live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit