Do We Have Responsibilities as "Apostates"?

by LostGeneration 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Something I have struggled with over the last few years, do I have a responsibility as an "apostate" to warn/extract others from the WTBTS?

One part of me says "damn right you do", its a frikken cult. How would you feel about someone who failed to warn you about a dangerous organization, whether its a religion or something else.

The other part of me says "leave it alone". Who are you to tell others what to do with their life? In fact, you are behaving like a JW when you try to tell others what they should/should not do with their life.

I've limited it to warning worldlies to the true nature of what the JW religion is about. But that isn't much, they were not about to join in the first place.

Opinions?

• zound
    zound

It's not the same.

You can warn a JW, provide them with the info that the GB conceils from them - then leave it up to them.

They JW's provide you the 'loaded' information for everlasting life etc - then brainwash you, emotionally blackmail you, so you don't ever leave.

I wouldn't say apostates have a 'responsibility' - but me personally, I feel like I need to try and help my friends and family at least by providing them with the info that was withheld from me. If I didn't, I would feel like I copped out a bit.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Everyone has to make their own decision about whether to help JWs to awaken and to warn non-JWs that the WTBTS is a dangerous cult.

I do hope that more ex-JWs and non-JWs that were adversely affected by the WTBTS will help empower JWs to critically think for themselves, to warn non-JWs that the WTBTS is a dangerous cult, and become more politically active to educate politicians about how dangerous cults victimize their members and are not charitable religions deserving of charitable or tax-exempt benefits.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think that is the key zound...point them in the direction where they can decide for themselves. It's not about telling them what or how to think. It's about encouraging them to think for themselves. As long as you have that focus in mind. You are not behaving like a JW.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

If i am not on my home terriortary and i see witnesses i will leave them with a factual thought which they didnt know about the W.T. But thats as far as it goes.

If people in my congregation which to ignore me in the street, i couldnt care less. If they want to be friendly thats ok too, but i wont talk religon. My preaching to them is my having left.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

'When the student's ready... the teacher appears'.

Why rush them?

... and when they do get to this point they're surely going to come on this site and be dazzled by my hypnotic logic.

Responsibility fullfilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit