New Title For Revelation Book

by hooberus 5 Replies latest jw friends

• hooberus
    hooberus

The Watchtower's Revelation Commentary "Revelation: It's Grand Climax At Hand!" is so amazingly self centered, as they apply nearly everything in the book of Revelation to themselves, that perhaps they should give the book a new name. Here's my suggestion:

"Revelation: We Write Ourselves Into It With Our Own Hand!"

• Moxy
    Moxy

of course the best was when an elder was giving a talk on esther and was making the point that esther isnt a book we talk about a lot or study a lot, "for example, there's no book Esther--Her grand climax at hand." totally unintentional, but immediately realized what hed said. had difficulty maintaining his composure.

mox

• gumby
    gumby

I don't think most of us really believed this garbage when we studied it ....what.....4 or 5 times!
    I remember ones saying "The end must be close since were studying the Revelation Book so much"

Oh ya, everything in Revelation was basically THEIR history book.

The two horses that represented the Watchtower and the Awake

The trumpet Blast that represented a special announcement or event related to the organisation.

The Two Witnesess that lay dead that represented the "preaching work" that almost came to a standstill when the Magnificent Seven were locked up then released.

I conducted this study as book study conductor and as I look back and think about it I wonder if I ever REALLY believed it.

Know one would ever think of relating this to a workmate that was a non witness, nor any one else for that matter out, of sheer embarassment, of how ridiculous it would sound.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Mox, that experience is priceless.

• picosito
    picosito

Once a young sister, when answering about a question on health, said, "You have to eat well to have a healthy orgasm." It sort of brought down the whole book study, quietly.

I always got the feeling that we studied some publications more than once because WTS was too lazy or ran out of time to come up with a schedule for a new publication.

I was always pissed because we did not study "Mankind's Search for God" in the book study. Do nice research and then renege because you maybe think the publishers would learn something. Another nail in my JW coffin.

• Amazing
    Amazing

"Revelation: It's Grand Climax At Hand!" could also state, "It's a Revelation Us How we Climaxed in Our Hand."

I agree with you that it is a very self-centered book in the way they apply everything to themselves. A form of spiritual orgasm, believing that they are God's Chosen people, all the while not a shred of evidence to back it up.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit