Best resignation letter I have ever read

by suavojr 2 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

My fellow friends and colleagues,

In the spirit of following our company motto of Simple, Open and Integrated; it is withGREAT pleasure that I am announcing my resignation from The Nielsen Company.

After nearly five years of dedicated service as both a Field Rep and Membership Rep, I have the upmost appreciation for the opportunity Nielsen has given me. I have been fortunate enough to meet some amazing people and great friends that will truly be missed. What will NOT be missed is the recent negative culture that this once great company would have never tolerated. It’s sad that one of Americas most prestigious and accomplished companies would allow the type of deterioration that is now prevalent.

I will now take this opportunity to express my thoughts and concerns that I know are mutually shared by many of you. I was once asked by one of our great leaders, “if things are so bad, and you guys are so miserable, why are you still here?” My answer to Mr. Fred Rogers was, “I have a family, I have a mortgage, I have student loans, I have several financial obligations. Most importantly, I have my pride, my work ethic and belief that nothing will ever be handed to me.” The recent recession taught Nielsen how to run a more efficient and profitable operation. According to Brian West, Nielsen has never performed better! According to Fortune, Money, and Forbes, David Calhoun has never done better either! Sadly all on the backs of employees like myself. Our CEO is worried about cashing in his meager $10,613,699 signing bonus, his deferred compensation of only $18,881,000, along with his 6 million stocks option, plus his fairly average $1,500,000 salary and $2,500,000 bonus, oh, and a car and driver worth an additional $135,000, totaling his compensation package to a measly $78,000,000. All this following a pay raise freeze for the field, along with our discretionary 1% 401K contributions being taken away.

As we are obligated and pressured to work through vacations, holidays, sick days, personal days, all for fear of losing our “extravagant” bonuses. Being pressured to work incredibly long days for the sake of market performance; for the fear of not signing 65% of “BASIC”homes; signing my2.8 homes per week during my personal and sick days; and the latest and greatest our “ NET BASIC RATE” all to avoid being the bottom person on the totem pole. Since the apparent new motivating strategy from management, is to threaten our jobs on a daily basis. It wouldn’t surprise me if this new motivational method was devised through a BPI project along with Black Belts. Far too long we have carried the weight of Nielsen on our shoulders. As a result Field and Membership Reps have become increasingly dissatisfied with the increase in quotas, stagnant and decreased compensation and the lack of overall support from management. All of this at the expense of missing little league games, missing birthdays, missing anniversary’s, skipping family vacations, answering emails and calls 24/7. The balance of life and work has tipped far too much to the side of Nielsen. I am a firm believer that the job of a Field Rep, and Membership Rep do NOT need a union, but I do believe we need a louder voice at the negotiating table. I feel this company is being lead by some incredible talent, however, I also believe this talent is too far removed from the reality of what this job demands TODAY!

Once again, I owe a lot to Nielsen and am very appreciative of everything Nielsen has afforded me over the last five years. I wish Nielsen and all employees the very best in the future. It is now time to truly be Simple, Open and Integrated! Jorge Armando Betancur Membership Representative The Nielsen Company

• suavojr
    suavojr

This letter was written today and it goes to show you how similar corporate america resembles the corporation of the Watchtower. The rank and file battling it out in the real world while the GB and others get a free pass.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have searched the Internet and asked people for examples. I think it is great. Professional people advice me, though, to only reveal my insights to myself and very close friends. Also, never badmouth a company or its culture to a future employer. Never. They know you will do the same to them in time. Nevertheless, I feel so strongly about certain situations I ignore the rule.

Working at the U.S. Senate was both painful and wonderful. I learned a lot. Within three weeks, though, I no longer cared that NY corporate law was evil. I wanted a meritocracy and sophisticated thinking. Some of the top legilsators and their senior aides are very bright. It falls off rapidly below that level. The above rules were firmly in my mind. I tried to keep my mouth shut when I interview at major NY securites and litigation firms. Despite my best efforts, though, I found my big mouth telling them what I witnessed and my gut reaction to it. It was too late. The words were out. I was very animated, not prim and proper.

Well, they were similarly outraged from their White House and Congressional stints. In fact, decades later they could not control their rage. They completely exploded as they screamed how it ruins our country. My interviews went way over the time b/c they had to vent with me. I heard much more dramatic stories than mine. They lost money b/c they had to tell me and express outrage.

I truly believe I received many offers b/c of my spontaneous outbursts of passion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit