WT should learn from this- "The importance of Mistakes"

by Gojira_101 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I was interpreting a class the other day and the instructor brought in a DVD of John Cleese (guy from Monty Python) giving a speech on "The Importance of Mistakes" Here is the link to an excerpt from his speech http://my.ilstu.edu/~eostewa/ART309/Mistakes.htm. I did a quick search to see if I could find the full speech or the video online and I wasn't able to.

Basically Cleese was saying all people make mistakes, but his main point was it's how we handle the mistakes. If we admit our mistakes we can then deal with it, handle it and move on. If we don't admit a mistake has happened, we then have to lie, then one lie leads to another and another and so on. Then we have to keep a secret about our secret, about our secret...etc. Anyway that was basically Cleese's point.

While I'm watching this it got me to thinking about WTBT$. Yes we all know they lied about everything right from the beginning and now the GB is trying to "fix" the mistakes of the past, but it's just leading to more problems. How much easier it would be for WT just to admit they have been wrong, and then deal with the mistakes? I'm not saying if WTBT$ finally admitted they are wrong would I ever go back to them, and I am in no way supporting them. It's the whole one lie leads to another lie and so-on and now finally there are so many lies WT can't even keep them straight.

It was an interesting speech and I thought what Cleese said was enlightening.

I personally think WTBT$ is beyond the point of no return with their lies, even now if they came clean it would do no good, because everything is in print, and then if they finally admitted their mistakes, they would lose even more members than what they are losing right now.

Gojira

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Great topic Sweetie. Yep, he's absolutely right. It's too late for WTBT$ tho, they're in up to their eyeballs.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Gojira_101, I agree with you about a person's character being defined by how they take responsibiity for mistakes that they make. In the case of the WTBTS that will never hapen - it is a dangerous cult!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit