How I Feel Today

by LouBelle 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Sick to my stomach! Agitated! Angry! Breathless! Unworthy!

The reason for this is a common gripe of mine - the company I work for has not paid me. My pittance of a salary is due to be in on last day of each month. I got half on on pay day - the other half was meant to be put in over the weekend of the 1/2June. On Monday nothing had been put into my account so I approached the lady who makes payments - she wanted my signed pay slip - which I did not sign as I had not been paid. She said she would sort it out and get back to me. Thursday the 6th of June I email her and the boss asking when overdue monies would be paid into my account as the 7th is when my debits go off. I was told that they would give me feedback. At the close of the day I asked for said feedback as now I really was in a pickle - I was totally ignored.

Today the two of them are in the office and have not spoken a word about monies to me.

All these feelings rise to the surface - as I mentioned in my first line. It makes me feel like the JW days when you couldn't question, or were to afraid to ask because you knew the "bad" consequinces. You knew the elders/brothers/sisters didn't give a shit about you, yet you held on. I left those days behind me and I hate that a situation brings me back to that.

I am also filled with anger. I'm consciously controlling my actions because all I want to do is smash the computer or smash his expensive bottle of coffee.

I will go and broach the subject once again with the boss directly - I'm not afraid of him - I'm just worried about the tone I'll use - because I can be very cutting and rude when I've been pissed off. I'm pissed off.

Thank goodness for the medication as it is definitely keeping things in perspective - I know I would have been a blithering mess, totally losing it right now if I wasn't on the "happy pills" So for that I am grateful.

Now to work on my tone!

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

LouBelle,

Is it possible to appeal to an ombudsman? In some labour systems, the ombudsman mediates.

Two, in the contract you signed, are there specifics as to when salary payments are due? You could gently remind your employers that they are in breach of the relevant clauses.

Do calm down and try to stay in control.

Best.

pc

• franticfran
    franticfran

Oh Loubelle,what a shitty thing for you, dont these people feell what its like to be hard up!! Come on girl.chin up,whatever you do dont smash the coffee up!! If I was there I would take you for tea and spoil you. Lovely girl. :)

• nugget
    nugget

failure to pay or late payment may be a sign that they are in financial difficulties. I would seriously look for alternative employment. This happened to my husband when a company failed to pay him as they went into liquidation. He had no salary at all but couldn't claim benefits as technically he was employed.

I would also let the bank know about the delay in payment and request a formal overdraft to cover the direct debits going out so they don't bounce as this will cost more.

I would also go to your boss and highlight that you will be passing on any bank costs to them if their late payment results in bank charges. Keep it to a statement of the facts and maintain professionalism if at all possible.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Nugget - trust me I am seriously looking for altnernative employment - going for another interview next week.

I spoke to the person after I calmed down and asked where we stood and what was going on. I got a half hearted - will ask Howard (don't know who this is) to transfer money and I'll pass onto you. "How desperately do you need mone" I was asked - Told him I needed it yesterday, with a look of 'are you serious?' on my face.

Very very professional! Did not smash said coffee - went out to lunch and out of the office!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I remember the anxiety that not getting paid produces. Years ago, Just Ron worked for an outfit and his paychecks started bouncing. Once, it was a check for less than $10 - can you imagine a business not having a lousy $10 in the account? Worse, he cashed it at the university where he was studying and ended up on their bad check list. He couldn't pay any of his student fees by check after that - had to get a money order or pay cash.

I do hope you find a good job that values you and treats you right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit