Watchtower liability for actions based on doctrine?

by The Song Remains The Same 0 Replies latest watchtower medical

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Hi I'm back after a pause and having worked very hard and patiently on trying to wake up my wife to TTATT even before she signs up to become a JW. It is not an easy road. I've also had some interesting dialog with an Elder in trying to understand how the WT acts over certain issues. There will be no surprise that this line of investigation is not yielding any straight answers, I cannot even get a simply yes/no to some questions.

Anyway, I am signing in today to ask a quesiton around liabilty. If someone has a history of psycological issues, and has been under treatment, or continues to be, plus the WT acknowleges and is fully aware of the history, and it can be proven that the person acts in a damaging way (to self or others) based on following WT rules (due to fear of the consequences of not acting in such a way), would the WT in some way be liable thus face some legal action? I expect that we'll conclude 'no' based on the cleverness of the WT lawyers ability to place responsibility on the individual somehow (or indeed previous cases involving cults & members). But it is worth asking...

The Song

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit