New on here

by Tony Stark 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    What area do u call home? Maybe some here are local, Mr man
  • maksutov
    maksutov

Hi Tony,

Being shunned sucks, but congrats on finding your way out. Best wishes.

Russ.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Tony, sorry to hear what you've been through. My daughter is your age 22, and left WT about two years ago and is struggling with friends. She has a good job, she is going to work on a kids summer camp, and when she gets back she is going to do a weekend job in a restaurant to work with people her own age to find friends.

Social life outside WT is much slower and it takes time to adjust to the slower pace.

Kate xx

• Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    NY area
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome to the party, Tony!

I still go to meetings so that i am reinstated and can feel normal again, but my beliefs are different now as i've done a lot of research.

If you're attempting to get back "in" be cautious what you post here so that you cannot be identified by someone who knows you but could "report" you.

Doc

• Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Thank you, but shouldn't they "get in trouble" too?
  • Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Can you delete posts?
  • DJS
    DJS

Welcome,

If you are really Iron Man you're going to do ok.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Can you delete posts?

No. You can edit them for 30 minutes after posting that's all. if you stuff up the admins may delete them for you but that is a last hope.

Hint: Dont give away too much that may identify you unless you dont give a flying fluck about being outed or recognised.

I'd like to buy some small smart missiles and launcher please....

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

Welcome Tony.

You will find on this forum many ex-Witnesses and a number of current Witnesses who are still "in," as some here refer to it. I myself am "in" and remain active in my local congregation.

All here have their own stories, their own feelings, and their own paths, as obviously you do as well. Some here are very bitter due to their experiences, and not without reason. On the other hand, others here, such as myself, still love the brothers and sisters and remain "in the fold" because we recognize that the Watchtower Society under the ecclesiastical control of the Governing Body is not our "religion." To remain a "Jehovah's Witness" is not the same thing as being a member of the Watchtower Society.

I, along with many others, still remain convinced that Jehovah loves the brothers and sisters as a united family of faith, that this family of faith is still God's people, and that Christ will hold the Governing Body members and their key associates accountable for a number of ways they have, like bad shepherds, misled, mistreated, and shipwrecked the faith of so many of the brothers and sisters throughout the years and down to the present day.

Your situation is tough. I definitely feel for you and will continue to pray for you. You must make up your own mind about what you believe and how you feel, and about what steps you need to make regarding your faith. I would encourage you to use the independent mind Jehovah gave you to do your own research, weigh the value of whatever information you find, and make fully self-informed conclusions.

And while I've found the vast majority of folks on here to be decent and balanced, I'd encourage you not to let the bitterness of some here overly influence you. Some of us, in spite of the things we have seen happening to the brothers and sisters worldwide for many years at the hands of the Governing Body, still love the Family (as I refer to the brothers and sisters collectively as distinct from the Watchtower Society that exerts control over them). And some of us, like myself, remain "in the fold" as silently active dissidents who are striving under the current circumstances in our local congregations to increase a more abundant spirit of love, compassion, and mercy -- and truth. And we do this while also trusting that Jehovah is aware of what's going on with his people, and will shake things up in his own due time.

Once again, welcome. And know that you are NOT alone, and that you ARE loved. By Jehovah and many of us who still consider you our brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit