You can lead an ignorant person to a library, but you can’t make him read a book.

by JeffT 1 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

JeffT-I enjoyed your article very much. And, I related to your library paranoia, as I felt similar when at the library and bookstore (last year) searchng for books on JW's and cults.

I agree that there is so much information accessible today like never before. Unfortunately, for those IN, unless something happens to them personally, they are unlikely to research. The good thing is that newly interested people may look on line and research before getting involved.

It just seems that in my area of the globe (NY) there is a HUGE immigrant population from all over the world who are interested in learning about the bible and/or Christianity and are more susceptible, trusting and humble and are targets of the WTS. I think a great number of these folks are less likely to research.

_________

Edited to add: In for twenty years and only found out a little more than a year ago that Jesus was not my mediator!!! I am certain there are so many more out there who are unaware that is what the WTS believes and teaches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit