God's choosen religion

by Joey Jo-Jo 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Hi,

I might be getting rusty on this but I can't seem to find information in relation to god choosing the jws as is chosen religion, I wonder if there is any info on this and if they still teach it, and which books speak of this, and the biblical interpretations.

Thanks,

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Watchtower, 1973 July 1st p.402

Jehovah’s organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God’s holy spirit or force

(Zech,4:6) Only this organization functions for Jehovah’s purpose and to his praise. To it alone God’s Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book.
    [...]
    How very much true Christians appreciate associating with the only organization on earth that understands the ‘deep things of God’! Direction by God’s spirit enables Jehovah’s servants to have divine light in a world of spiritual darkness.

--

w81 12/1 p. 27 par. 4 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter

4 No matter where we may live on earth, God’s Word continues to serve as a light to our path and a lamp to our roadway as to our conduct and beliefs. (Ps. 119:105) But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.—Compare Acts 8:30-40.

--

" The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ's anointed " brothers" still on earth.". - W 3-15-12, p.20

"And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovahs organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a "great war cry."" Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.21

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Because of the apostasy, there would be no true temple for a whle for 2300 evenings and mornings. An "evening and a morning" represents one day and thus 1150 days. The apostacy period is the last 3.5 times or 1260 years ending in 1996. There would be no recognized "temple in its right condition" for the first 1150 years of this period. Thus the "true temple" would appear during the last 110 years of this period. 1996 - 110 = 1886. The true temple sect would understand more about the Bible than other religions and would produce the Christ who returns in the flesh near the very end of this period. 1886 was the year the WTS put out their first "Sudies In the Scriptures" which became a series of books establishing the doctrines of this new sect which later became Jehovah's Witnesses.

So from that point of view, yes, the WTS is the true temple that was prophesied to be recognized by God. But there's a caveat to this. Once established, this organization became infiltrated by weeds. Satan came in and sowed weeds into the field early on, before the new organization would appear. So even though recognized as God's true temple organization, it was corrupted early on with weeds. But the decision was not to remove the weeds in this early stage, but wait until the harvest time near the end of this period to then separate the wheat from the weeds, the sheep from the goats, etc. within this organization. This organization would thus produce the "little flock" which would be taken out of the organization and then the organization abandoned as apostate.

So what we are seeing today is precisely that, an abandoned, former true temple organization that God used temporarily to preach the good news and to produce the "little flock."

But there is another issue. In Bible prophecy, this temple organization functioned like the tribe of Levi, a special tribe that was focussed on the holy things of God. But that did not mean it was the "only true religion" per se. The tribe of Levi was just one tribe out of 12. Thus if the WTS fulfills the apostate "evil slave" organization, then we know Christ has gathered "other sheep" not of this fold elsewhere. Remember, the "little flock" which represents the faithful anointed of the WTS are removed and brought to "other sheep not of this fold" which Christ is gathering. Also if the WTS is the "evil slave" then who are the other 9 out of 10 slaves mentioned in that parable that do produce advancement. Christ sent out ten slaves to do business, not just one.

Also note that this same temple would produce the "man of lawlessness" which makes itself a god in God's own house. If the WTS was God's appointed true temple, thus his own house, then that would mean in the end, the GB becomes the "man of lawlessness." That is what we are seeing, with the GB making itself more of a god than ever over the witnesses.

So whether the WTS is God's true temple and is considered to represent "God's chosen people" or not is COMPLEX. The WTS served as the "true temple in its right condition" only for the last 110 years of the apostasy period, which is 1886 to 1996. But after that, it was abandoned as apostate, so at this moment the WTS is no longer under that temple covenant. The WTS has been abandoned as apostate by Jehovah, especially since the fall of 1996 when the covenant with the Jews and JWs ended. Here's a video that touches on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnTy8_EhE0Y

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Larsing that just crazy!

I remember reading their Daniels book and the Wt wrote themselves into Daniels prophesy.

Also, in Ezekiel they seemed to think they are the temple starting in in chapter 38 or 40. They are the sprititual Israelites here on earth.

The one that got me is when Jesus came to the temple(WTBTS) to cleans it out. Babylon The Great Book.

Revelation Its Grand Climax Is At Hand worse book ever!

Strange I believe it is in every magazine and book they ever published. I remember reading the Wt and it is at the end of the main articles.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The claims are HUGE when you think about it, and yet there is not one shred of evidence to support them that stands scrutiny.

Huge claims deserve Huge evidence. They do not have even a teeny bit !

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Thanks but this isn't what I am really asking, god choose Rusells religion circa 1917~1919? But I would like to know what the reasoning is and why was it selected at that date.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Larsinger58 I have said this once and I will say it again, you need help.

One of the many things they teach in science is that correlation does not necessarily mean confirmation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit