They want me back!!

by Dawn 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

Just had to fill ya'll in on my latest here.

As you know, I have been df'd for about 10+ yrs, but all of my extended family are still JW's. I sent one of my family members an e-mail with some questions (although I posed it as questions from me, they were actually a "seed" for this person to research the truth). This family member couldn't answer them (which I knew they couldn't answer it and stay within watchtower doctrine) - so they forwarded the e-mail on to an elder.

Well guess what - the elder e-mailed me and wants me to submit my letter for reinstatement as soon as possible. What the ???? I was floored!! Apparently they feel that since I am asking these questions I must be searching for the "truth" again?!!

I decided not to respond as I don't want to push this to a point where my family can no longer have contact with me. They still talk to me and I have been able to do some witnessing myself about the true gospel - I don't want to blow that opportunity.

I'm wondering if the elders will pursue it. Has anyone else out there been in a situation similar to this that could offer some advice?

• SYN
    SYN

UHOH. Don't get too close, you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. WE ARE THE BORG.

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit