Religion vs Technology

by Suspicious 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

JW vs Technology

I’ve been doing more and more research in regards to the history of JW. The more I find out the more shocking it is. Because of technology, will there ever be a time when there will be not be a JW or even religion due to the pileup of hypocrisy and contradicting practices? Technology allows for documentations and old information to be accessed easily on the internet now. The flip side is, will JW continue to grow? How I see it is there will always be pain, death, war and crime. As long as these problems are around, the bait for a perfect painless everlasting world will continue to thrive, appear appetizing and be effective.

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

There will always be large numbers of humans who have a need for someone else to think for them and create their reality for them. There will also always be large numbers of people looking to find and follow someone who can show them how to escape suffering. As a friend of mine likes to say: all humans eventually leave the womb; but there are always people trying to crawl back up inside it. Dealing with reality is just too emotionally turbulent for many people, so they seek a pseudo-reality. Technology cannot change that. As long as there is a market, there will always be a product. If not the JWs, then some other cultic movement will fill in their shoes. The only way this changes is if humans evolve to a point where they no longer need it – much like the way we evolved to walking on two legs instead of four.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

As long as there is a market, there will always be a product. If not the JWs, then some other cultic movement will fill in their shoes.

If you build it they will come. For instane, no matter how ugly of a car Detroit builds, someone will always buy it so long as it goes to market. The majority will walk in the opposite direction but there will be a certain cross section of the population that will for their own reasons see something that no one else does and they'll defend their choice to the bitter end.

Some people would buy a whitewashed grave if it were presented to them convincingly enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit