Question Regarding WT Study Edition Aug 15, 2013

by okage 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• okage
    okage

Okay, there are two passages in the August 2013 Study Edition that have me burning with a question. Usually when the pdf's are made available, I like to count how many times they use words like "disfellowship" or "Organization." Here are the two passages:

Watchtower Study Edition Pg. 13, Par. 15
    When the Israelites questioned Aaron's appointment and position, Jehovah viewed that action as murmuring against Him. (Num 17:10) Similarly, if we start grumbling and murmuring about those whom Jehovah is using to direct the earthly part of his organization, we could by inference be complaining about Jehovah.-Heb 13:7,17

Watchtower Study Edition Pg. 29 Elisha Saw Fiery Chariots (Elisha Stuck to His Assignment)
    Elisha set a fine example for us. If we receive some privelage or service in God's organization, we will value it highly if we bear in mind that we are serving Jehovah. No greater honor exists. Ps 65:4, 84:10

My question:
    I get that cults affect the critical thinking abilities of membership, but how in the blue hell (it's blue now) do people inside not see the dung pile of self-serving, self-anointing bullcrap that the Watchtower prints?

• Fernando
    Fernando

It is the hidden force framework that subjugates, dumbs down, and keeps captive as explained in "Captives of a Concept".

A more powerful, innocuous, compelling and liberating reality and framework is required to break the spell.

In our family's case (like with Ray Franz and many others) this was the "unabridged gospel" of grace hidden in plain sight throughout scripture.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I never realised the crap they were feeding me all my life (3rd gen born in). It wasn't until I came across this site (by accident) a few months ago that the penny dropped... I guess yr conditioned to trust & not question what they tell you... After all, they kept telling us 'it is the troof'...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Spot the logical fallacies and propaganda methods in those statements. WOW!

Appeals to authority, strawman........the list goes on.

It is apparent to me that these writers KNOW what they're doing in terms of keeping the cult members in check with fear tactics.........they are NOT perpetuating a delusion.....I won't give them that.

Well, that's my 2 penneth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit