"Change"

by earthfire 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• earthfire
    earthfire

This is vague but I was wondering if anyone has heard about the word "change" being used lately in JW circles? My brother (an elder and devout JW) used it in an e-mail a couple of months ago and it seemed odd. He said, "you like change". I still don't know what he meant. I blew it off and then there were two other instances of something similar when I went to my sisters wedding at the KH last week. Does it mean anything?

• stillin
    stillin

It may be a current buzzword in the Borg as the r&f is at least subconsciously picking up on the "changes" in the power structure of the Organization. I personally haven't observed the word being used more than usual, but I'll be keeping my ears open.

it's wisdom to accept change. And embrace it. That's a different matter than being kicked around by a controlling taskmaster.

• earthfire
    earthfire

Thanks, I'll be intrested to see if you and others notice anything.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I had a conversation with a young elder last month about the pharisaical legalism, man made laws, and how it doesn't seem to be what Jesus was all about, and he not only agreed but said there are many who feel the same. He reckoned as the old school of elders retire and pass away, the younger new breed would instigate change from the bottom up.

I was kinda gobsmacked, ive been closely listening to his comments after that, but I'm sure he doesn't know ttatt, hes just an idealist working on the inside..

So it seems some feel there's need for change, but like many of us it can't be vocalised...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

In Communist East Germany the need for Change was seen, the movement grew, and ....the Wall came down, so, who knows ?

• metatron
    metatron

Hope springs eternal. Many of us can't see reform ever happening, anymore than Communism being reformed. The dominant reason why there are some pro-change elders and publishers is because they don't want to lose their families. Otherwise, they'd be out. Mr. Governing Body, tear down this wall ! metatron

• Gayle
    Gayle

Maybe many see the need for improvements,,however, the GB only re-states and re-states "wait on Jehovah." Maybe that's what many are doing.

I saw the need for many, to much more, than improvements in the '80s, glad I did not wait on men. They have to finally ask themselves, are they waiting on God - or men (the GB)? I am not so knowable about much, but clearly if "love" is not among them, then neither is God.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The dominant reason why there are some pro-change elders and publishers is because they don't want to lose their families. Otherwise, they'd be out.

Anyone who pushes too hard and too fast for "change" will be called on the carpet for promoting "disunity" or "sectarianism".

The only change coming to the JWs has to do with damage control and ultimately, $aving money.

Doc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just listen to the latest DC mp3 recordings. It's all about corporate speech. " Progressive!" and " clarification!", " forward moving!" and " adjustments." The latest slogan that I heard from an Elder was, " There can be no progress without adjustments!"

There was not a single mention of the NU-LIGHT. It was all about how JW religion is " The Truth." It was " Jehovah ", " The Truth ", " The organization!" The GB were barely mentioned, unlike the previous DC before the nu-light was released! I think they are desperately trying to instill more fear, " The end is close, the GT will be so horrible" and keep the Organization as the focus because they are anticipating some heat. They may be dreading the Conti case outcome. They are trying to get the rank and file ready to accept any " changes " that may have to take place, IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit