Children in Danger - Mental Abuse

by Gayle 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

Nicely edited video AAWA. Too bad JWs would tune it out within half a second. Non-JWs probably wouldn't care unless they had been adversely affected by the WTBTS. So, what will this video be used for?

I agree that JW children are emotionally abused by their parents, but that won't stop JWs from instilling fear in their children.

Too bad more exJWs do not become potically involved enough to write to their politicians or local news organizations to write about their experiences with the WTBTS. To me more ex-JWs need to become involved, because they are the only ones who realize what is happening and are able to describe their personal experiences to decision makers, such as politicians and editors of news organizations.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

didn't like this video - it is overdone imo

edit: whose voices prevail at AAWA?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I agree with soft+gentle. I didn't care for it either.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Soft,

Ceaders is the president. He also has the site JWsurvey.org

They have many highly involved exjws on the board.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Well, I loved and appreciated that short video. I have been plagued by reoccurring nightmares of a large, distant storm approaching, of course symbolizing Armageddon, and I too remember that disturbing and offensive drawing in the old Paradise book (the big, orange-coloured one back around the 70s) about the buildings rocking and the earth opening up to swallow those “wicked” people, including little children. The last 30 years, since I was just a teenager, I have been living under the assumption that I have sinned against the holy spirit (thus my user name, “SAHS”), with all the lovely depression and feelings of inadequacy that go along with that.

So, yeah, I thought the video drove home the point.

Also, the Awake! magazine which the little boy is holding up, I’m pretty sure, is that one with a bunch of photos on the cover of children who have died because of the blood issue, apparently kids who were “faithful to Jehovah” right up to their death, being paraded around as “good examples of faith” – probably the most shameful magazine they published! (I don’t know how they still get away with all that in today’s society.)

• Penelope1
    Penelope1

I think it is important to remember that even though most JW's are in a comatose state so to speak, there is a small minority regaining a bit of consciousness everyday (most of us on this site are living proof of that). These are the ones who are searching & investigating, who watch videos such as the one above and cannot deny the truthfulness of its message. Such experiences tend to have a snowball effect which often leads to the eventual removal of the Org's cognitive straight jacket --and freedom!! And what about the thousands of bible studies? For them and many others (non-JW family members, for example) AAWA's videos are public service announcements that can alert them to the dark realities that lurk behind the pleasant, smiling faces on the other side of their kitchen tables.

Given this clear and present danger, I don't understand why these videos bother some. Why would anyone want to add a spoonful of sugar to something that's laced with cyanide?? The messages are presented candidly and to the-point as they should be considering the seriousness of the subject matter; we're not talking about the side-effects of red dye #40 in children's cereals afterall.

I would like to thank AAWA for the excellent JW videos they have produced thus far; I have yet to see anything on the internet that is as well put together and professional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit