Mathew 24:4

by sarahsmile 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Just a thought if Jesus predicted the future of Jerusalem by stating there will be wars and reports of wars why not join the military to protect your boundaries? obvious the Romans were too big.

I was on JWFacts researching why not protect your land. I am sure that the JW would protect their environment instead of letting Hitler come to their city and rape and kill their families.

I was born and raised a JW and sure I believe war is wrong, but I feel that if Jesus pedicted wars Christians some where would have to fight against each other. I am not worried about it but I think thier Mathew 24:4 WTBTS concept of Jesus words are wrong. They make it out like nations will fight against nations. But we as Christians are just suppose to watch without making a stand.Gra nted Jesus did not want his folowers to fight at that time.Does that mean that Christians are not suppose to join military to protect our boundaries like the Iseralites.

I remember WTBTS would say those who picked up the sword would die by the sword. Referring to if people kill then Jesus would kill them with a sword.

I really think that WTBTS has manipulated something that would make JW cowards for not protecting their boundaries, and Jesus said there will be wars....

During wars I can see JW just standing there and allowing other nations raping their children. Not! that is the point.

When there is war, they will protect their families if not they really are cowards. It just another lie.

Has anyone ever thoght this out?

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

While they can sleep well at night and going around knocking doors, somebody will have to take the bullets to make sure that they are safe. And this somebody will die at Armageddon

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

bummer!

• prologos
    prologos

Phizzy: according to WT Bts latest count there only 12 000 "anointed" remnant, and of those only

eight- count them, that have the task of proclaiming the GN . help them, the F&DS.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Interesting that the verse has Jesus say "Many will come in my name claiming, I am the Messiah"

Messiah means "Anointed", who are notable as claiming to be "Anointed", claiming to stand in for Jesus ("in my name"), and yet are deceivers of "many" (7Mill+) ?

Please put your answer here ........................

• jhine
    jhine

????????????? der

• prologos
    prologos

"those that pick up the sword"

swords are offensive weapons. armies are attack mashing machines.

only few countries like Switzerland have truly defensive armies. shield, helmets, bunkers.

armed forces strike across borders, kill, pillage, rape civilians -with no exceptions-

look at the shifting borderes over the centuries and all the atrocities that accompanied that.

Perhaps the idealized Jesus account favors the idea of his followers staying neutral and depleting the powers of enough canon fodder.

The heroes are those that stay out of this mayhem. at any cost. or is it

the longest Claw, strongest jaw wins?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Phizzy good point!

I wish there were no wars but that is not reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit