Antitypical Meanings?

by sosoconfused 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Back in the late 80's and early 90's this term flew around all the time it seemed.

Every publication and magazine at the time was always spouting this term to the point that it became annoying. I would hear this in talks all the time etc...

Te question I have is, where in scripture is this whole "Anti-typical" thing mentione? Or are we to just assuming it is some adventist / Watchtower hodge podge of stuff?

• Terry
    Terry

The 2nd Adventists seem to always come up with the ideas (wacky as they might be) and pass them along to be copied by the JW's who

drive them until the tires go bald. Quietly these theo-illogical musings are side-lined and go gentle into that good night of oblivion.

Type and Anti-type, Dispensations, Chronology charts, the "Greater" Moses, Jesus without a beard.......they come and go like April snow.

Is it unreasonable to assume a cartoon religion without scholars will grasp at straws and land on any old bunkum that tickles the ear?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

"Is it unreasonable to assume a cartoon religion without scholars will grasp at straws and land on any old bunkum that tickles the ear?"

Touche LOL

• Zordino
    Zordino

Freddy must have been on crack when he wrote all that drivel. The sad part is I had to sit through those retarded talks as a kid.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Rutherford loved 'em too, crazy stuff.

He even claimed that in the story of Rebekkah and the watering of the camels, that the Camels had an anti-typical fulfillment !

• prologos
    prologos

Dont count out JW imagination in the future:

There might just be an antitypical/Greater Knorr in the Knew World. silent K

They have the nack for it like in Knackwurst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit