New article on JWStruggle, I wrote re: body language & TTATT

by Gojira_101 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Very informative!

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

great article Gojira_101! Its so true, when my husband and I spoke with a family member about TTATT the body language just spoke for itself, when he got uncomfortable or didnt like what we were saying he would cross his arms, touch his mouth and move his legs a lot, all signs of him closing up!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Nice artcle. When I told my daughter she was visibly trembling all over. She had tears in her eyes and looked so terribly uncomfortable. She still rejected ttatt. She says she has to "cover her butt." There is no more discussion allowed as she is afraid I will convince her to leave and she and her husband have friends they will not part with, they know their friends will ditch them if they leave the faith.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you. I'm happy at least a few people have read it. I honestly didn't think anyone would read it. Thank you!

I certainly don't claim to be an expert, but all of us everyday interact with people and we see and understand body language without realizing it, and all we really need to do is just start paying attention.

To outofthelionsden and whathappened: Those are perfect examples! Because they are your family you are very familiar with their normal body language, so we are able to see how they react. The sad reality is that even though we tell our friends and family TTATT, we still have to break though the mind-control, and just like my family who are shunning me, some of them could see TTATT, but they still choice to stay in.

Thank you for sharing those experiences!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Great job writing that article Gojira_101 and I am glad that you are writing for www.JWStruggles.com.

I especially liked that you included a bibliography so that readers could do additional research by reading the references. I wonder why the WTBTS does not include bibliographies in their propaganda - Oh yeah its propaganda!

I was wondering if it would help a person to maintain a poker face if they thought of a very pleasant thought. I know that I could always tell when my father was talking/listening to someone that he did not like, because his eyes would turn lifeless like a shark's eyes. If my father was thinking about something very pleasant at least his eyes would not turn lifeless.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Great job Sweetie! So proud of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit