Hi, I can't find the 4 Scriptures a JWN Friend Posted about "examining the scriptures" and JWs Don't Need To Study Scholarly Works because the GB does that for you.

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Hi, I caught the scripture in Acts 17:10-12 on the Jews who checked the Holy Scriptures to make sure Paul and Silas were not lying. My new medication is making my head a bit fuzzy and I can't find the link you provided. Sleep alludes me often at night so I am taking Ambien and Valium to sleep or get to be before 2:30 am before I wake up back at 5am for work.

The other link I was looking for was the article in the Watchtower where we are told "The GB has been studying scholarly books, so we dont need to, just focus on "proof text" and don't worry about knowing the Bible. Thank you for your help, fuzzy minds are not fun to study with at night!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Not sure if this will help Arboles, but below are some links.

Follow link to Examining the truth

Follow link to FDS says

CoC

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Perhaps this?

http://jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/246576/1/Looking-For-2012-cdrom-Thread-and-Quote-Re-WTS-Carefully-Researches-Info

And later...

In summary, the Writing Department insists on using only material that is accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details. As a result, “the faithful and discreet slave” can consistently supply spiritual food that brings honor to “the God of truth,” Jehovah.—Ps. 31:5.

2011 Yearbook pp.9-13

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

not sure if this is what you are looking for....hope it helps

How will we put these four things into effect? First, study: We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view." 1967, 1 june, p 338

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Those are what i have been looking for, thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit