Facebook "friend" heard a rumor

by Reopened Mind 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I was surprised to get a message on facebook yesterday from a sister in a congregation I hadn't attended in 18 years. She said she heard a rumor TotallyADD and I no longer want to be JWs.

Funny thing is the last time I messaged her on facebook was January 2011. Yes, I had let all correspondence drop with JWs as we were well into our fade at the time.

But two and a half years and she wants to know if we want to be JWs? No how are you doing, miss you guys, or news of her family. She just wants to know if she has to shun us.

I think I know how the rumor mill got cranked up there. My son told his wife we had left and she made a phone call or two.

CULT! CULT! CULT!

So glad I'm not a part of it any more.

Reopened Mind

• laverite
    laverite

Wow. Maybe you could write her back with this (used from your post above):

Dear Sister ____,

Two and a half years after our last contact on here, I am shocked and horrifed that you message me to find out if we want to be JWs? No how are you doing, miss you guys, or news of your family. You just want to know whether or not to shun us (even though we have no contact anyway).

Your behavior has left me speechless.

Kind regards,

Sister __________

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^^Well done.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Nice!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How about this?

Dear [Bitch],

It's been two and a half years since our last contact, and your only interest in sending an email now is to snoop around for a juicy rumor to spread? Or have you been officially appointed an elder and are chairman of an investigation committee?

Regardless of whether we wish to be JWs or not, we really wouldn't be able to tell the difference whether you were shunning us or not. So what is your point in contacting us now? We've been active JWs and you had no use for us, so now you want to question us to find out whether you can officially tell us that you're shunning us?

Well, we'll put your mind at ease. Regardless of our religious status, we have decided to "mark" you for being a self-righteous busybody. In case we happen to cross paths, we will make it a point to shun you so that you don't have to worry about whether you are allowed to speak to us.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I understand they are family and they think it is best for you guys to be back in the borg but why can't they just let sleeping dogs lie? From what TADD said, it doesn't sound like you both provoked them?

• laverite
    laverite

Billy,

As always, your posts are the best. You are suggesting to "mark" or even disfellowship and shun the offender....Love it. I wish you'd write a book on anything, it doesn't matter. I'd totally read it and be your number one fan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit